13 | Day Out

TenTen had finally found the stable 'friendship' she had always longed for with Neji Hyūga, and she was happy about that. Although it was clear that he had no intentions of getting into a relationship with the brunette, he still took her out to movie theatres, picnics organised by himself - it never ended well actually, and even fancy dinners her rich ass couldn't afford. Yes, she had dead rich parents but she obviously worked for herself to earn money she was not spending on fancy restaurants.

So she thought nothing about it when he rang at 7:17 in the morning because he had a habit of calling at random intervals of the day and wanted to meet up because he was missing her annoying face and wanted to see her. Sounds heart warming, doesn't it? Well, it should have but the Hyūga had woken Tenten up from her much needed and desired sleep which put her in a sour mood. Nonetheless, she till agreed to meet up with him at Konoha City Centre, because they had the best dango shops and Ichiraku's ramen, panda key-rings and their cinemas always had the best movies and popcorn.

After she had woken up and had her shower, she stared mindlessly at her reflection in her Beth room mirror, a coffee coloured towel around her head and body. She started a debate within herself, questioning if she should let her hair down or tie it into her signature twin buns. That was a hard decision, but after contemplating and thinking, she decided to tie it up into two bun with twin braids coming out of it. After her little life changing crisis in her bathroom, she stepped out and slipped on a white oversized shirt with cream shorts and white airforces.

She picked up her phone and texted Neji, telling him to pick her up because that was what he was supposed to do as a gentleman and she couldn't be bothered to walk or catch the bus or train.

Me: come pick me up.

Neji ❤️😘: seriously?

Me: are you going to or not? Besides, you were the one who wanted to meet anyways so you owe me for waking me up at 7:17 in the morning

Neji ❤️😘: I'm on my way

She smiled brightly to herself, turning off her phone and dropping it into the purse she had dripping over her shoulders. After a while, she heard a car pull up outside her house and the sounding of a horn, signalling her ride had arrived. She quickly glanced at herself in the mirror that was at the entrance of the Mitarashi mansion before swinging the door open and skipping down the stairs.

Neji stepped out of the car Tenten knew not the name of and opened the passenger door for her. She flashed him a toothy grin as a sign of gratitude before stepping in. "Where are we going first?" He asked, pulling the handbrake and starting the car. Tenten bounced in her seat as the familiar taste of ramen flashed in her mind, making her mouth water. Her smile deepened,

"Ichiraku's Ramen!" Neji smiled,

"Ichiraku's it is then."

::

Both brunettes sat in the bustling of Ichiraku's, eating their ramen in silence. Around them was the sound of chopsticks meeting with ceramic bowls, chattering of people who had made the right decision to spend a quarter of their time in the ramen shop which Tenten gave her respect to, and waiters taking orders from costumers. Tenten slowly balanced her chopsticks on top of her bowl with a loud and satisfied sigh, pressed her hands together and whispered a thank you to on one in paticular.

She turned to the still eating Hyuga who, unlike her, was eating at a much slower and steady speed, like an actual human. She glanced at his stone cold face, then towards his still full ramen bowl. His eyes were closed so there was no way he would catch her borrowing some of his, so she waited for his chopsticks to be in mid air before she latched for his bowl.