06| I saw him

I couldn't believe that he was here, in this very place, after I had thought he had left the university

Why was he here? What could have possibly happened to bring him to this place?

The uncertainty and wonder of the situation consumed my thoughts as I struggled to make sense of it all.

"Let me do it for you," he declared holding the empty cup in his hand.

He tossed it into the nearby bin and approached me with a warm smile. "How are you? It's been a long time since I saw you." 

Despite his friendly demeanor and kind words, I found myself unaffected, my emotions guarded. His smile, did not reach me, as I remained distant and aloof.

"What are you doing here?" I ignored his friendly inquiry and instead demanded an answer to my own question.

"That's not the answer to my question, princess," he drawled as he took a step towards me. 

Despite his soft and gentle tone, I felt uneasy, and instinctively stepped back, distancing myself from him. The closeness of his presence made me feel uncomfortable, and I didn't want him to stand too near.

He looked at me, his eyes filled with disappointment and sadness. 

"Ah, come on. I thought you would be so happy to see me here after so long." His words were tinged with a sense of hurt.

But I saw through his facade of feigned hurt, for I knew that this man was far from being a gentle and benevolent soul. His soft-spoken words and tender tone were but a mask to hide his true nature, one that I had no intention of accepting.

I felt his gaze travelled up and down my attire, taking in every inch of my being, and I could sense that its scrutiny was deliberate and calculated, meant to unsettle and discomfort me, as it always did.

Feeling overwhelmed and not wanting to stand in the same space as him, I reached for my bag and made to leave. However, before I could take a single step, he quickly moved to block my path.

The suddenness of his movements had caught me off guard, and I felt my heart race as I realized that I was now trapped. I looked up into his eyes, searching for some indication of his intentions, but his expression was unpredictable.

I reminded myself that he couldn't do anything to me, not here in broad daylight and in the university. Despite this, my heart was pounding in my chest with unease. 

I took deep breaths, trying to steady my nerves, and slowly lifted my chin, determined not to show any fear. "Move aside. I need to go." Though I strove to sound unshakeable, a light quiver could still be detected in my words.

"Go where?" he clicked his tongue, taking a step forward, causing me to instinctively retreat.

"That's none of your business! Just leave me the hell alone!" I spat, the anger bubbling up inside me like a volcanic eruption.