ⅩⅩⅩⅩⅠⅤ. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐁𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐲 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

St. Mungos was decently empty that night. They admitted her Nana to the Emergency Section, almost as soon as they saw her. Virginia would have felt nerves crawl into her stomach had she not been completely numb to the world.

Sirius sat beside her, one arm around her shoulder while she sat up stiffly beneath him. He leaned over and kissed her temple, she shook her head slightly and stared up at him.

"I did that."

"You did that," he said, with sympathy in his eyes as he rubbed her shoulder slowly.

"I- I..." slowly a grin overtook her face, "I did it! Sirius!" she leapt up, "I got out! I never have to go back..." her face fell, "I can't ever go back... Sirius!" he slowly stood up and she grabbed his forearm in a viselike grip, he winced slightly but said nothing, "what do I do this summer? What on earth can I do?"

Sirius was at a loss for words, he knew how she was feeling - the same way he would feel if he ever actually ran away. A mixture of terror and ecstasy.

"Uh... Ginny?" a timid voice from behind her spoke up, she turned releasing Sirius who looked incredibly relieved and shook his arm a bit. James grimaced awkwardly and shuffled his feet, "we have an extra room or two, my parents would be more than happy to have you I'm sure."

"Oh that's awfully nice James," she said with a small smile, "but I could never do such a thing..."

"Please do," James said, his voice cracking ever so slightly, "I mean they seriously," he winked at Sirius out of pure instinct before shaking his head, "would be angry at me if I didn't make you."

She shrugged, "we'll see I guess."

He nodded. She couldn't tell but he was making a silent note to send a letter to his parents to explain the situation. They would immediately start setting up one of the guest rooms.

A healer dressed in vibrant green robes emerged from the elevator, "she's doing much better, we administrated some spells and one or two potions. Would any of you like to go see her?"

Virginia leapt forwards, "yes, yes please! I'm her granddaughter, Molly Prewett!" They had agreed that they had to lie to the healers, lest they obliviate Nana and leave her completely confused. And Molly was the only girl out of anyone involved in the plan who was of age and could actually leave Hogwarts if anyone found out.

She was led up the elevator and into her Grandmother's room. She was laying on a cot with curtains surrounding her bed. Virginia sat on the metal chair beside her bed and took her hand, squeezing it gently.

"Thank you dear girl, according to those robed doctors - you saved my life..." she stared up at her with her aged crystal blue eyes.

"I'm sorry I couldn't do it sooner."

"Don't apologize my lovely granddaughter, don't think I don't know how much you sacrificed for me and for that... I shall tell you the truth behind my family."

Virginia's brows furrowed, "What does that mean?"

"You did have a cousin," she took a deep breath and Virginia's eyes widened, whatever she had expected - it wasn't that. "I have a sister, her name is Pamela Winters. I'm sure you've met her, she's the mother of Eve and your mother. But I had a child too, when I was 16 I got pregnant from a rogue playboy. And my best friend, a man named Oswald, Ozzie, Weasley..."

Virginia's eyes grew wide, "Weasley?"

"He told me about how he was a wizard, I kept it a secret. I have for years and years... until now. The man I had my child with was a close family friend of some sort to Ozzie and he told me that he was a wizard too. When they admitted me to the nunnery in an effort to purify my soul after I had my daughter, my lovely Mia, Ozzie took care of her. He grew up and had two sons with a woman and one of them had three more. I met them once when they were toddlers, they stood outside the gate and waved."

"Alaric, Arthur and Albert?" Virginia guessed and she nodded, "I wonder if he remembers you..."

"I doubt it," she shook her head.

"So what happened to Mia?" Virginia asked, praying that she hadn't grown up and married one of the Weasley boys. She did not want to be related to Alaric, she might have puked at the notion even if she hadn't actually kissed him.

"She grew up, went to Hogwarts as she caught her father's magical gene and then Mia turned 17 and started her own life, married some man. Had a beautiful baby boy with a man named Fleamont... Fleamont," she snapped her fingers in a way that produced little sound due to her wrinkled skin, "Potter I believe. What I wouldn't give to see my Daughter again, but she died... as did her son I was told."

Virginia's mouth fell open and she gaped at her Grandmother, "what did you just say to me? My cousin is James Potter? You're joking... no you have to be joking. Or mistaken or... something." She shook her head slowly, confusion filling up her senses, "and- and if you're not, well, well, they're not dead Nana. James is the boy you just met... his parents are still alive."

She stared at her with a shake of her head, "another lie born out of corruption," she laid back down, "I can't say I'm surprised. And the most riveting part of this story?"

Was it not the part where I found out I was related to James? she thought, still reeling.

"I was in love with Ozzie Weasley, one night stand aside. And I never told him. I could have gotten married, I could have saved myself from this life. I could have watched my daughter grow up." She shook her head, "instead I ended up almost dying in a nunnery, surrounded by family who don't even truly love me." Virginia sat stunned in the seat. "Always admit your love for people my sweet Ginny."

She looked up at her, her eyebrows raised, "you just told me this because of Sirius, didn't you?"

Her Nana winked, "that and you deserve to know, I believe you're old enough."

Virginia smiled at her Grandmother, "I think you should tell James... your grandson." The word felt weird leaving her mouth.

She grinned, "I believe you're right."