Before You Read:

YES! IT'S HERE! 

I've honestly been dying to do this story over again, because there's so much info to correct -- it's gonna be so satisfying to fix those plot holes, lmao. 

I was only about 16-18 when I first wrote Story of Alex in their car forms, so I...honestly had no idea what I was doing. 

BUT! You get to read the story over again with some humans instead, so hopefully it'll be much easier now! 

So, here are some points real quick before you read: 

1.) Yes, Alex is eighteen in this story, instead of sixteen. That's the first plot hole that needed fixing. You cannot legally enter the sport professionally until you are between the ages of eighteen and nineteen, so this was a BIG fix that I needed to do. 

2.) She will have a professional pit crew -- another plot hole, because...why, Past Me? Why did you not do this? Don't Mary Sue our OC. 

3.) This is going to be more of a slow burn between Alex and Jackson than the last series; I personally thought their relationship was wayyyyyyyy too rushed, and again...I blame that on my past self. So this is gonna be a big mess to clean up. 

4.) I'm hoping to make the chapters longer, but the book shorter; that's not to say this going to be a tiny book, definitely not since the first book in the series was twenty chapters, and each chapter was about 2100 - 2300 words long. That's most likely going to be what happens in this story as well. For the next two, however, there's no telling what the length will be. 

5.) You might see some little Easter egg references sprinkled about in this story, but I'm gonna try not to go too heavy on those, since they were a majority of the filler in the other series. 

6.) Music is most likely gonna be a no-go in this series; I'm unsure as to whether or not the music bothers you guys, and I'll definitely link it if you guys want to listen while you read, but I personally have a hard time both reading and writing, while listening to music. 

7.) There most likely won't be too many location jumps for the chapters, like how there were in the first series. Again, the characters are all human in this version of the series, and I had Alex and Jackson basically teleporting between states in the original series, which...isn't logical lmao. So, maybe there will be a chapter or two of them traveling to certain places, but for the most part, they'll really only be moving places if it's relevant to the story -- which a lot of places weren't, in the last series.

8.) This story will follow the events of Cars 3 in chronological order; no jumps, no cuts, no coconuts. I'm hoping to make the plot much easier to follow this way. 

9.) Story is rated M for strong language... that's it lol

I think that's about it! I'm really excited to redo the story all over again with you guys (or with new readers just getting into the Cars fandom -- welcome to the club!), so keep your notifs on for when the first chapter drops! 

-Kitty <3