|| I'm Not Done With You Yet || (jakexneytiri)

Before the final battle; When Jake places his handprint on Neytiri <3

-

Warnings: this is my first fanfic so I just tried to make it sweet :)

Word Count: 1.7k

-

Italics = Na'vi language/speaking in Na'vi

Tutee = female

Tìyawn = love

Oel ngati kameie = I see you

Tsamsiyu = warrior

-

-

-

It was a tense morning among the Na'vi people in the Omatikaya Clan. Jake Sully's new leadership was put into place. This was new to the Na'vi. New to him. It felt strange. He watched the Omaticaya preparing with the other clans. Their territory was filled to the brim. Everyone preparing to fight against the sky people. The air was thick with sweat, hard work, and war plans. Jake wasn't sure how he felt about being Toruk Makto. His plan succeeded in bringing the Na'vi on his side but he couldn't say he wasn't nervous about the upcoming battle. If they lost this. They would lose everything.

Jake sighed as he turned around heading towards Neytiri's temporary hut near the Tree of Souls. Many thoughts swelled in his head. His life had turned so many directions these past few months. Could he really lead the Na'vi people to victory? The Sky People's weapons were unmatched.

Was Eywa evening listening to the prayers of her people?

The stress was intensely hitting Jake but he knew he needed to keep it together. He felt a bead of sweat drip down his forehead. He cared for the people. For Pandora. This world brought him in for a reason. He couldn't ignore that. And most of all he couldn't ignore the tutee Na'vi whom he fell in love with. She showed him the way of the people. The secrets of Pandora. She was the reason his life finally felt worth something.

Jake trudged past The Tree of Souls spotting Mo'at in the center. She was explaining something to a group of Na'vi women preparing for battle. He could see the pain that laid behind her eyes. He felt responsible for the loss of her mate. Maybe if he had said something sooner. Maybe if he proved his trust more? Things would be different. Jake turned his head so she wouldn't notice him. He felt ashamed.

The man finally arrived at his destination peeling open a curtain of leaves. His eyes immediately landed on Neytiri, softening. She sat on her mat hunched over sharpening a battle arrow. She was stunning to say the least. Looking up as she heard the leaves being pulled back "Ma Jake" she smiled. Jake's shoulders went down relaxing. "Neytiri" he breathed. He hadn't seen her all day due to the preparations going on.

She stood looking at her mate, slowly walking over. She lifted her hand resting it on his chest. After a moment she pressed on it slightly. "You are hurting". Jake looked down at her hand on his heart. She could sense his anxiety. "I worry." He sighed deeply. Neytiri lifted her hand, cupping his cheek. Slowly stroking it with her thumb. She knew this was crazy. She knew he wasn't certain about anything. But, that was okay. Her eye contact gave Jake the comfort he needed. "Come, you need to get ready, Toruk Makto." Her eyes gleamed with pride. Jake shivered a little. He wasn't used to this title one bit.

Slowly Neytiri grabbed his hand and led him to sit on a small tree stump on the other side of the room. He looked up at her confused as she smiled. His lover bent down and pressed her lips to his forehead. Jake closed his eyes. Glad to have someone he could truly feel relaxed with. The warmth of her lips felt like home. She slowly lifted up, bringing her hands to Jake's face, turning it forward and guiding his back to sit straight up. She stood behind the Avatar and started brushing out his hair with her fingers. This made him relax right into her.