Jonathan x Male Reader

Nancy doesn't exist in this one, alternately you're Mike's older brother! Surprise (Honestly [and this might be a bit controversial-] I don't like Nancy that much as a character anyways, she's kinda bitch imo) have fun with that, okay okay on we go:

As long as you'd remembered you and Jonathan Byers had been friends. You two were basically brothers, you couldn't recall a day of your life that you hadn't somehow seen or spoke to the boy. Joyce was like your mother, and you spent most of your days at the Byers' residence, if not off with Jonathan by yourselves.

Despite the closeness there was a secret you were keeping from him; you were gay. Not only that but you had liked the worst boy possible for the last few years. Steve "The Hair" Harrington. Being fair, you'd been fairly close with Steve in the past couple of years as well, but nothing more than good friends at best.

First Person POV:

"I'm just saying [Y/N], you better tell him sometime soon, bottling it up isn't going good for you." Mike said to me, Our parents were currently out, our mom running errands, our dad at work, leaving Mike and I home alone.

"I know Mike but- What if he hates me? That's like seventeen years of friendship down the drain for no reason!" I replied, throwing my hands in the air as I finished. I gnawed at the skin on my lips before hearing a knock on the door.

Mumbling a small 'shit' I sprung up from my spot on the counter. "Good luck, I'm rooting for you" Mike said before leaving the kitchen. Walking over to the door I let out a rather large sigh, my heart dropped into my butterfly filled pit of a stomach and started beating at a million miles a minute.

I opened the door and looked at Jonathan, his hand on Will's shoulder. Smiling I let them both in, closing the door behind them. Will quickly slipped his shoes off and ran to the basement to meet Mike, Jonathan following Will in taking his shoes off.

I looked down and realized the battered-up state of Jonathan's chucks. They had to be at least a size too small, and there were a few holes in them. The soles were decorated in drawings, various pins and decorations scattered on them.

"Oh- I've got some extra shoes you can have, they were a gift from my aunt, but they were like three sizes too big so- they should fit you!" I smiled and looked at Jonathan. His eyes widened a bit and he opened his mouth before I cut him off.

"Don't even start with that shit, I'm giving you the goddamn shoes Jon" I prompted. He shut his mouth pretty quick and followed me up the stairs to my room. Walking into my room and closing the door I opened my closet and sat on my knees on the floor, rummaging through boxes and bags to find the shoes.

Jonathan coughed and started to speak, "Uh- So [Y/N], there's kinda something I've been wanting to tell you." He began, "Hm? Go ahead dude, you can tell me anything" I said before reaching back into my closet.

"Alright-" Jonathan let out a breath before speaking. "I uh- I'm gay" he said before choking up. I froze for a minute and turned around, Jonathan was sitting on my bed, his face a pale shade of pink, he was sweating and fidgeting with his hands, his leg giving a slight bounce then and again.

I looked at him for a moment, my face void of emotion. He teared up and let out a small choked out sob. Snapping back, I leapt up and walked over to him, sitting next to him before hugging him tightly. "It's okay dude- Really you don't gotta cry, it's fine, I'm completely accepting of you, calm down, take a few deep breaths" I said, hugging him tighter.

He let out a laugh through a few more sobs and pulled away a bit, taking some deep breaths. "Y'know it's hard to take deep breaths when you're squeezing me to death right?" he said teasingly, I lightly punched his shoulder before laughing myself.

I paused, staring at my closet for a moment and sighed. "While we're on the topic of this though- uh." I said, wringing my hands together, cracking my knuckles. My throat suddenly felt clogged and my body felt warm. I let out a small breath before speaking.

"I uh- I'm gay too, I was planning on telling you today actually." I laughed to myself a bit, looking away from Jonathan, my shoulders dropping slightly. Jonathan let out a seemingly relieved breath.

"What's that for?" I asked, Jonathan shrugged. "I guess I'm not alone? And I have a best friend I can talk to about hot guys and stuff like that now, and we can get fake IDs and go to gay clubs together or something" he smiled.

I laughed and nodded before hugging him again. He returned the hug this time and we sat there like that for a moment before I pulled away and stood up, walking back to my closet. "Now about those shoes-"

Around three hours later:

"So.." Jonathan said, "Do you like anybody?" he asked. My face flushed and I smiled before nodding. "Who??" he asked, grabbing my shoulders and shaking me. "..Steve Harrington" I choked out. Jonathan stopped shaking me for a moment, looking like he'd almost gotten hit by a truck.

He let out a sputter of noises that didn't make sense. "Why??? Him??" he questioned. "What?!" I exclaimed, Jonathan shook his head like the reason should be obvious. "Couldn't you like anyone else?" he said, I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Well I don't have many options!" I spoke, laughing afterwards. "I know that but Steve??" Jonathan shook his head, rolling his eyes and smiling. "Don't do that! You look like my mom" I said laughing even more. The alarm on my clock rang, signaling it was 5 o'clock.

Jonathan brought his hands up and brang them back down onto his thighs. "I should grab Will and get going, mom is gonna be home from work soon" he said before getting up. I nodded before getting up after him and walking downstairs. Whatever my mom had made smelt delicious and she was in the process of calling Mike up for dinner.

"Do you wanna stay for supper?" she asked, looking at Jonathan. Will came upstairs, looking at Jonathan and pleading to stay. "If that's alright with you Mrs. Wheeler then sure, I don't think I have much of a choice anyways" Jonathan laughed as Mike and Will ran to the dining room.

"Oh please Jonathan, call me Karen, I've known you your whole life!" she smiled before taking off her apron and walking into the dining room herself. I just looked at Jonathan and shrugged, smiling at him before grabbing his hand and following my mother.

That's ittt, there won't be a part two to this one just cause I like how it ended and so yeah okay byee