1

"Jennie, when are you going to give us a grandchild?" Namjoon's mother asked, her voice cutting through the morning chatter at the dining table. Her gaze was fixed on Jennie, who sat beside her husband, a slight tension palpable in the air.

Namjoon, sensing the familiar discomfort, quickly interjected, "Mom, please, not this again." He felt a wave of frustration wash over him; he had hoped to avoid this conversation. It had been five long years since their wedding, and the topic of children had become a recurring theme at family gatherings, one that brought with it an unbearable weight.

The truth was, while Namjoon's family didn't harbor any animosity toward Jennie, the absence of an heir was a source of disappointment for them, particularly for his father. The elder man's discontent was often unspoken but lingered like a cloud over their interactions, overshadowing the love and warmth they shared.

"Come on, Namjoon, it's been years already," piped up Taehyung, Namjoon's younger brother, who seemed unable to resist poking at the wound. His words hung in the air, adding fuel to an already simmering tension.

Namjoon shot his brother a glare that could silence a room. "Taehyung, just drop it," he hissed, his irritation palpable. The atmosphere at the breakfast table grew dense as everyone finished their meals in silence, the air thick with unspoken words and unacknowledged feelings. When the last plate was cleared, they all dispersed, each retreating to their own corners of the house, leaving behind a lingering sense of discomfort.

"I'll go to work," Namjoon said curtly, avoiding Jennie's gaze as he stood to leave. The hurt in her heart swelled, but she quickly masked it with a carefully crafted smile, a facade she had grown accustomed to donning.

He stepped outside, climbed into his car, and instructed the driver to take him to his multi-billion-dollar company. As the car glided through the bustling city streets, Namjoon focused on the tasks awaiting him at the office, his mind pushing aside any lingering thoughts of home.

Upon arriving at the company, his secretary greeted him with a stack of papers detailing his schedule for the day. He nodded as she briefed him, then dove headfirst into his work, burying himself in meetings and decisions that demanded his full attention. The hours blurred together as he tried to escape the emotions that awaited him outside the office.

Back at home, Jennie was getting ready for her day, her heart still heavy from the morning's confrontation. She picked up her phone and dialed Lisa, her closest friend, hoping for a distraction. "Lisa, can we go shopping today?" she asked, slipping into her high heels.

"I'm kind of busy today, Jen. I have an appointment with the pediatrician; Jisoo has a fever. I'm really sorry," Lisa replied, her tone a mix of regret and urgency.

"What? Can't your husband take the kid?" Jennie shot back, frustration bubbling over. A part of her felt isolated, as if the weight of motherhood was something she could never truly understand.

Lisa gasped in disbelief. "You will never understand," she retorted, her voice sharp before she abruptly ended the call.

"What does she mean I won't ever understand?" Jennie's scoff echoed through the empty hallway, her confusion and irritation colliding. She grabbed her Dior bag, her fingers curling tightly around the handle as she stormed out of the room, the sound of her heels clicking against the marble floor reverberating through the house.

As she made her way downstairs, she passed the maid, who was diligently cleaning the glass windows. The woman glanced up, but Jennie didn't spare her a second thought; her mind was too consumed with her emotions.

In the living room, Namjoon's mother sat comfortably on the couch, sipping her tea while watching "Masha and the Bear" with her grandchild, Soobin. Soobin was the little boy of Yoongi and his husband, Seokjin, and his laughter filled the room with a warmth that momentarily brightened the otherwise tense atmosphere.

When Jennie stormed past her mother-in-law on her way out, she didn't hold back, slamming the door behind her with a force that startled Soobin. The sudden noise made him frown, his little brow furrowing as he turned to look at his grandmother with wide, innocent eyes.

"It's okay, baby," she reassured him, gently patting his back as he nestled closer to her. "Sometimes grown-ups just have a lot on their minds." She offered him a warm smile, hoping to soothe any unease he might feel from the abrupt noise. They returned their attention to the cheerful