top gun.

"Rylee Kazansky?" A gruff authoritative voice sounded on the other end of the phone that made the 34 year old woman freeze in position. The unknown caller sounded familiar. A tone she had not heard in a few years. Stepping outside of her family home, gripping the phone tightly in her hands.

"This is- she?" The light brown haired woman was hesitant and cautious with her words, unsure on the nature of this phone call she was receiving.

"You've been called back to Top Gun,"  Nearly all the air was sucked out of her lungs, her green eyes staring harshly at the ground underneath her. "See you in two days at 0800 hours," The call abruptly ended. No context. No explanation. Nothing. Rylee pulled the phone away from her ear, staring down at her phone.

She hadn't been to Top Gun in years, graduating the youngest and the top of her class

She hadn't been to Top Gun in years, graduating the youngest and the top of her class. Following closely in her father's and uncle's footsteps. Iceman and his wingman Maverick. She followed more so in her father's than the unruly Maverick. Iceman exceeded through his years becoming Admiral, while Maverick stayed right where he enjoyed. Captain.

Lieutenant Rylee Kazansky was a smart flyer, keeping a level head in the most stressful of situations. Dog fighting was discovered as her specialty, with 2 confirmed kills in air combat. She was the first woman to get kills under her belt since her father and Maverick actively flew. While she mostly made smart and safe moves to get herself and the other aviators home, she was known to make a few dangerous calls. No doubt, she had learned those from her uncle. She had her fun while in the cockpit, Maverick taught her a lot. She was a mixture and a little dash of both the men. Cunningly beautiful and trickster-like in the air, was how she got her call sign. Siren.

Rylee slipped back in her family home, briskly striding to her father's study. With a single knock, there Iceman sat in his chair seemingly awaiting her arrival. He knew. Of course he knew, he always did. A soft smile on his face. He was proud of her, his only daughter was the light of his life. She always had been, they were the bestest of friends. Iceman spoiled his daughter rotten her entire life, wether it had been toys, ice creams dates, or days in the cockpit. He always had her with him. Iceman had fallen in ill within the last few years, to the unforgiving cancer. A single word the girl dreaded. She missed hearing her father's voice as he told terrible jokes, teased her, or stories about the old days. Now his voice was hoarse, painfully non existent.

"They called me back," Rylee whispered softly as she seated next to her father. The news was still a shock to her. Why? The answer was still unknown, her father wouldn't discuss it with her yet.

She was scared. Her father reached out, grasping her hand in his own, giving her a comforting squeeze. Her eyes met his face, he didn't need to say much. She knew what he wanted to say. Everything would be fine. The man turned towards his desk, his fingers dotting away as he quickly wrote. You've made me so proud. You can do this, you did it before. Don't be scared about it now. Don't be scared now, that told her that this was something possibly dangerous. He was right, as always.

"You're right dad," She flashed him the Kazansky smile, filling his heart with warmth. There she was, his confident girl. Maverick had a perfect aviator on his fleet.

Iceman pulled his daughter in close to him, wrapping his strong arms around her. She felt like a little girl again. The extreme comfort of her father, made her feel like he was a super hero that could fight anything. Even as he fought against the cancer, he still felt just as strong than he did back then. Rylee was a daddy's girl from day one, he was her safety blanket. Nothing could hurt her. She breathed in softly as he laid a kiss on top of her head. Rylee pulled back from her father after relishing in the feeling for a short moment. He turned back to the computer briefly.

Give em hell.

That she would.

She knew how to do that perfectly.