Chapter 1: Arc 1.1

(A/N: Bold text will be either phrases or words that I will explain the meaning of in an authors note.)

A boy's cheeks flushed red as he gathered up the courage to let out the first-ever confession in his life. "Su Ci, I... I like you!"

The girl had a palm-sized face, and her pale skin could be broken by the wind. Her big, watery eyes were currently full of confusion. "Classmate, do I know you?"

(A/N: I think this means she can easily get sick?)

She was not tall and very petite, and people couldn't help but want to pamper her, giving them the urge to stretch out their hands to touch and hug her.

The boy merely stared at her for three seconds. He was unable to bear it anymore. "You don't know me, but I know you. I really like you. I have to be with you in this life, Su Ci. Please go out with me!"

He was very nervous as he looked closely at the girl in front of him. The other side flashed her eyelashes, and it seemed like his heart had been lightly scratched.

However, in the next second, the other party's words made him stiffen in place. "Do you have money?"

The boy showed a look of astonishment as if struck by lightning. "I..."

"I only like rich people," Su Ci said apologetically. "I'm sorry, you don't meet my criteria for choosing a spouse."

Boy: "......" His... his confession was rejected just like that?

Su Ci walked into the classroom, and within half a day, the rumor that she was a gold digger spread throughout the school.

System: "...Daddy told you not to say that. Look, it's all right."

Su Ci sighed and cupped her cheeks. "But I didn't want to lie. Lying is so tiring, and I didn't want to lie to him."

The system hated iron for not becoming steel. "What if he said he was rich? Were you going to run off with him?"

(A/N: An idiom that means to feel resentful towards somebody for failing to meet expectations and impatience to see improvement.)

Su Ci earnestly shook her head: "It doesn't matter because he's not as rich as Fu Si."

System: "...Daddy has lost."

Su Ci is a money spirit, who has endured all sorts of hardships since she became conscious. With the passing of time and many ups and downs, she was finally bought by a poor painter.

However, Su Ci didn't want to be a money spirit anymore. She wanted to become a human.

But she could never become one.

Then, a system found her and told her that if she agreed to scam the male leads in various worlds out of their wealth, she could become human.

Although Su Ci was a money spirit, she had never saved so much money before. So, she tried to count her money for several days and nights, but couldn't keep track of it all, and eventually gave up in despair.

The system said, "Daddy tells you, the money of male gods is usually easy to scam. Come with Daddy, and I'll take you to enjoy life."

Su Ci said, "Let me think about it."

The system thought Su Ci had seriously considered it, but she was actually just sleeping: "......"

When she woke up, Su Ci said, "I don't want to enjoy life, I want to become human."

So, Su Ci and the system began their journey together.

In this world, Fu Si is a prominent figure, with a wealthy family background. He is the only heir of the Fu family and a prince in high society, and the target of many young women's affection, all of whom want to be associated with the Fu family in some way.

Su Ci felt very distressed, "System, how can I scam his money?"

The system said seriously, "Listen to Daddy, you just need to become Fu's future wife, and all his wealth will be yours."

Su Ci said, "But I don't know how to date, and I don't want to."

She felt that dating was too troublesome. The painter who bought her was always complaining to her, and gradually Su Ci began to feel the same way.

Love is a very troublesome thing.