Royal Bed.

- Good's Pov -

There was Jef in his suit. Walking all over the place. It was a ceremony of royalty. It was night. It was almost midnight. 

People always want to celebrate at the latest time. Wine and food on tables. Servers. More tables for people to sit at.

Man, just add some tequila or some random bs. It was like somewhat of a prom night, from what people told me in the town. I suppose it was close to that.

I was wearing a blue suit. Mostly it wasn't buttoned but I had a turtleneck long sleeve on the inside. 

It was white and I had a jacket from the suit, having a little pocket in the front with a black napkin. A silky one.

I've never gone to enjoy my childhood that much. But there was one thing that did make me enjoy my childhood. Jef. 

He was the only thing I got to smile at, he was the prettiest out of anyone I could look at.

I'd never get him off my mind, to be honest. 

I'd always try to think of something else, but it was obvious I couldn't get away from him.

My mother was best friends with his mother. So, we were inseparable. I was a little like, I suppose, 9 years old. And then here, 19 years old. 

Jef's just 18 but he's turning 19 in a couple of months. He already is planning his party which would be understandable and is busy at the same time too.

My mother would try to set me up with multiple people. I've tried but nothing happened. No, peek of interest. 

Which of course would be "obvious". But every time right after those sets up, I would at least see Jef afterward.

Now that was a setup unless my own mother thinks we're just friends which is very obvious in my eyes. I swear.. 

Its embarrassing to myself light up infront of Jef. I might be rude and mean to him but gosh that smile still shines through me.. 

And I.. I.. sigh

Altho I try to make it more obvious she can't tell due to her being busier with how to set up tables or other shitty nonsense. But today will be the day.

If I can do it. I would be a coward asshole if I didn't say it tonight. Here is also the thing. 

How do I even say it to him? Do I just yell out my feelings for him? No way in hell. Maybe a perfect scene?

No, too much Snow-White drama. I'm not going to wake him up and we will get happily married. 

No. But I do know at some point, I'm just waiting for him to come up to me.

My mother came up to me with her darkest blue and white dress, a little puff on her shoulders.

"Darryl, you have a chance here," she whispered, pointing her eyes at all the young women around in the center of the ball.

I suppose I do have my chance with Jef. I was only just staring at him all night. 

I was at some tables at the back that had come with curtains, so he wouldn't be able to see me but I was able to see him.

"Mom, not now. I'm still waiting. I can't rush my love, you know. " I whispered back.

That totally just came out of my ass, noo... yeah..

"Well, postpone some while you're at it. We do need to get to your marriage at 20 or 21. So pick one while you have the chance. Or 'I' might pick one for 'you'. " When she said that.