☾ The Sun and the Moon ☾

Since the time of the dinosaurs, Aether had always loved Xiao.
Before bicycles, velotrol, and even motorcycles existed.

And Xiao found it so odd.
A traveler, from a distant world?
Just imagine that!

Because Xiao's heart did not belong to anyone.
He was an ancient Yaksha, from the greatest poets to even the most basic ones.

So imagine Xiao's surprise when suddenly one night, Aether brings this up.

{Mt Aocang}
"Traveler, what is the meaning of your sudden invitation?"
Xiao stood directly behind the blond, who was sitting at the stone table infront of Cloud Retainers abode.
"Come sit here, Xiao."
Aether nodded to the seat on his right, waiting for Xiao to sit before continuing
Once he did, the blond spoke,
"You know how much I adore you, right?"
"Yes, you tell me daily."
Xiao sighed.
Aether continued.
"Xiao, I love you."
"I love you too."
At these words, the blond's smile grew bigger, and Xiao's poor heart could barely take it.
"Will you marry me?"
The yaksha's jaw dropped upon hearing the words coming from the traveler.
"I-I'm-"
"I know it's hard to process, take your time."
The honorary knight smiled, waiting for Xiao's response, instead in a full sentence and not a random string of muttered sounds.
Once the adeptus was finished having his gay panic, he replied.
"I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.. Give me a break."
Xiao shook his head, unsure of what to do, and teleported away.
This left Aether feeling heartbroken, and suddenly the large smile on his face disappeared.

And 24 hours later, the same thing repeated, this time at Wangshu Inn.

And so it kept on repeating, each time when Aether asked for his hand in marriage, he replied with "I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, Give me a break!"

But Celestia, with all its people,
Humans, animals, archons, illuminated beasts, tengu, yōkai, and aranara,
It was falling in love just with him
Who despised him and forced him to wait.

But as it turned out, Aether did not conform, So he went to the wind to help him.

{Windrise}
As the traveler expected, he found Venti sitting beneath the giant tree in Windrise, playing his lyre as always.
"Ah, Traveler! Did the wind call out to you?"
"Venti, I don't know what to do, please help me."
"And what would I be helping with, exactly?"
"It's about Xiao, he-"
Before the outlander could continue, Venti was already telling him there was nothing he could do, and he disappeared with the wind.

And Aether, not knowing what else he could do, with so much love to give, he started crying.
It started raining, but he didn't mind it.

And again, the cycle continued...

Again and again, until he gave up.
Aether met Albedo, and Xiao felt as if he were forgotten.

Years later, Aether had found out the reason why Xiao did not accept nor deny his proposal.
If Xiao were to say yes, he was afraid that Aether would explode of joy, and if he were to say no, Aether would no longer shine.
So the only way to keep his lover happy was to simply respond with "I don't know."
The truth was, he did love Aether.
He loved him too much, and he learned he just had to let him go.