Chapter 1

"The source...the source...."

6 was muttering in his sleep again. This vision was new. 1 scoffed.

"Can't we just wake him up already? He's disturbing everyone."

"The source! Go back! To the source!"

"No, we can't! Remember what happened last time we tried to wake him up while he was having one of his visions?" 5 said.

How could the stitchpunks forget? 6 had full-on shouted when they woke him up. They soon learned it was a bad idea to wake him when he was having a vision. So they waited for the striped doll to wake up on his own. After that, he usually when straight to the paper and ink. 5 would watch over him the whole time. Sleep, and after waking.

1 and 8 were always annoyed and sometimes tried to wake 6 forcefully, but 5 would always get the others to make them stop.

"Go back! To the first room! The source-"

6 opened his asymmetrical eyes.

"The source...the source...." He muttered, immediately running to the paper and scribbling shapes on the material.

"What...is that?" 2 questioned.

"The source!" 6 answered.

2 took the drawing and stared at it. 5, 3, and 4 gathered around to observe. 2 hung it up with 6's other drawings.

1 huffed. "Why do you listen to this fool? He's practically insane!"
"You said that about his drawing of the Beast. That was true." 2 pointed out.

"We have no proof this 'source' nonsense even exists!"

"When has 6 been wrong about any of his prophecies?! Why do you always doubt him?!" 5 yelled, much to everyone's surprise. 5 never snapped like that.

1 scoffed and stomped out the room, 8 trailing not far behind the leader.

6 pulled his hair-like yarn, getting more ink in it and the color getting even darker, then mumbled more words the others couldn't make out.

Eventually, the others left, and only 5 remained with the striped stitchpunk.

6 could feel the anger radiating off of 5. The striped stitchpunk made a strangled sound that sounded like a whimper, which caught 5's attention. His expression shifted to concern.

"6? What's wrong?"

"Feel bad."

"About what?"

"Everyone fights...and it's over me...I'm always the reason these fights start..."

"6...1 and 8 are just rude. It isn't you. If 1 wasn't here, you'd be fine. It's all him and 8."

5 went to comfort 6 by hugging him, but then 6 remembered the ink on his hands and went to quickly clean the black stains off before returning the hug.

"Feeling a bit better?"

6 nodded and smiled slightly.

"I'm going to get you some more paper and ink, ok?"

6 nodded again and grinned wider.