Chapter 10

Chewie refuses to let me copilot. I eventually give up the fight and sit behind my dad. We jump to hyperspace.

Finn leans forward. "So how are we getting in?"

"Their shield have a fractional refresh rate. Keeps anything traveling slower than lightspeed from getting through," Dad tells him.

"You weren't kidding when you said Mom wouldn't like this," I mumble.

"Just don't tell her."

"We're making our approach at lightspeed?" Finn asks.

Chewie growls.

"Chewie, get ready," Dad hits a few buttons. "And... Now!"

We jump out of hyperspace, flying strait for a rock, we get closer and closer.

"Pull up!" I yell.

Chewie growls.

"I am pulling up!"

We bypass the rock, and start hitting the trees.

Chewie growls, again.

"I get any higher they'll see us!"

We bust out of the trees and hit the surface, going airborne, before crashing back onto the planet. I sensed Ben. That means he knows were here. Dad gets a coat on before we head out. I'm fine in my jacket. We walk through the snow and get to a lookout.

Finn pears around the edge. "There's a flood tunnel right over that ridge. We'll get in that way."

"What was your job when you were based here?" Dad asks.

"Sanitation," Finn tells him.

I shake my head. Dad grabs Finn's shoulder and presses him against the wall.

"Sanitation? Then how do you know how to disable the shields?"

"I don't. I'm just here to get Rey."

"The Resistance is counting on us. The galaxy, for that matter. If we don't disable those shields when the X-Wing's get here we're all in trouble. My brother already knows were here," I say.

"We'll figure it out," Finn says. "We'll use the Force."

"That's not how the Force works," Dad and I say.

Chewie growls.

"Oh, really? You're cold?" Chewie grumbles a response.

"Come on," Finn says.

We reach a transport compartment and when the doors open are greeted with a stormtrooper.

"Hey."

Chewie shoots him down.

"The longer were here the less luck we're gonna have. The shields," Dad says.

"I have an idea about that," Finn walks up.

We follow Finn. We turn down a small corridor and wait. Phasma walks by and Chewie knocks her out. He pulls her back to us. Dad had a blaster to her head, and Chewie's in the back. I had my lightsaber pointed at her face.

"Remember me?" Finn asks.

"FN-2187," she replies.

"Not anymore. The name's Finn and I'm in charge. I'm in charge now, Phasma," he starts getting excited, "I'm in charge."

"Bring it down. Bring it down," Dad advises him.

"Yeah. Follow me."

We lead Phasma to the control room. Chewie stands guard. I still have my saber lit and ready to use. Finn points a blaster at her, and Dad is on the other side of the blast door.