#1

Armin was sitting out side looking at the sky, thinking of the outside world. He had his book in his lap. He liked to look at it, and re-read all of the pages over and over again. it was one of the last things that he had of his grandfather and he loved it so much.

He thought about this 'Ocean full of salt' and the 'Millions of insects' That used to be very common through out the world. How he wishes that he could one day see all of these things with his friends.

He flipped to the page that said Astronomy. This page always amazed him, with its facts about space. He started to read the page. He read about how hot stars where, and about how amazing the solar system was put together just to make a perfect alignment.

He was reading more of his book when he heard a noise come from behind him. He stood up and put his book gently on the ground, and readied for what ever was about to come at him.

What he saw surprised him. It was that girl from training the other day. The one that beat up Eren with that special move that her father had taught her. What's her name? Anna? Anura? She looked at Armin with not much ch expression on her face.

"What are you doing here?" She asked plainly still not showing any human emotion. Armin just looked at her and finally just decided to say something.
"Well... I could-"
"We are not supposed to be out after hours. They want us ready for training" She said walking closer to him and notching the book on the ground and picked it up.

"Your that nerd aren't you? Armin. The one who is friends with the one who wants to kill Titans?"

Armin just simply nodded. "Yes that's me but... I..." Armin stammered not sure wether or not to be offended by her calling him a nerd.

Annie read the tittle and handed it back to Armin. "You do understand that it is illegal to have books or anything about the outside world right?" She asked sill staring blankly at him.

Armin took the book and looked at the cover, deciding what to say. "Well it was my grandfathers and-" Annie cut him if raising her voice a little. "That doesn't change anything" She said.

"Well it changed me. Its the only reason that I came to train to kill titans. That and Eren and Mikasa coming" Armin said to the girl. Annie. Her name was Annie. Armin thought.

"So you followed then blankly into a war you don't even know much about? And I thought that the kid who wanted to kill Titans was an idiot" She said to Armin.

"No." Armin said gripping his book tightly. "I followed them because I wanted to help get rid of the Titans. I want to see a world that is behind the walls. That's what the book is about"

Armin looked at the book. "But you can't just think about the world from a book. You have to see it yourself. I have heard many things from out of this book. So many things things that might be true. So many things that are true" Armin said to Annie.
"So you trust the book?"
"It's one of the only things I can trust."
"So you want to explore the world... Why?"
"Because I want to do the things that my family could not."
"So you are trying to prove you are better?"
"I am trying to make a difference."
"Nobody can make a difference" Annie said to Armin.
"Then why are you here?" Armin asked Annie. "To save myself." Annie said looking at the book, which caught Armins attention. If you want you can read it..." Armin said handing the book to her, just to have it pushed back at him.

"No thank you." Annie said. Armin looked at her confused. "Why not?" He asked her. Annie did not answer. Ske had never learned how to read. "I could read it..." Armin said looking at the book trying to avoid looking at Annie.

Annie's sat down with her legs crossed. "Then read it." She stated looking at Armin. Armin sat down slowly and opened to the first page.

"Chapter one, Seven seas. I'm the world there are seven oceans that spread around and touch many of the continents-"

Armin continued to read while Annie started at him.

'He is nice... I can't see him killing a Titan, but there is something different about him. He was smart and curios. Two things that would get him kiłled later on. He was very smart... He might interfere with the mission... But he wouldn't. He would be eaten by a Titan before the mission comes around. Which is a shame... He was a nice guy. But if he was not killed by the time the mission came around then his what he knows would be dangerous... Best not to worry about that now...' Annie thought to herself.

Then something strange happened. From the fist time that she came to this old beat up training camp, she let a little smile come across her face. What was this boy doing to her?