As sweet as you

"Seraphine, darling come here." A woman called out as she lay in the hospital bed. Seraphine walked over, tears slowly running down her face, "You were doing better!" She whined, taking in sharp breaths, "You were doing better Ma."

The older woman sighed as she ran her hair through her Persian red hair, the same as her daughter's. Seraphine laid down against her mother, curling up at her side, "We had plans to go see the festival next week!" Her daughter whined. Kiyoe could only grin as she kissed Sephy's forehead, "That's next week darling, the doctors said I'll be out of here by then."

The door opened to reveal a man who appears to be in his early forties. His dark blue hair was slicked back, and his bright orange eyes were sunken, "Papa."

"Seishi, sweetheart."

The man's eyes soften the moment he stared at his second wife and youngest child. Seishi ruffled Seraphine's hair as he kissed his wife, "How is your mother?" He asked, not bothering to ask Kiyoe knowing she'll lie.

"Let's see, she fainted last night! She's been throwing up her food, and just had a bloody nose but those aren't worrisome, it's way better than before."

"I'm right here..." Kiyoe said as she tried to gain her husband's and child's attention. Seishi let out a sigh of relief knowing it was not as bad as he thought it was, "I'll have you transferred to my house-"

"Where your ex-wife lives, no thanks." Kiyoe quickly shut down the idea. Seishi shook his head, laughing a little, "Not that one Kiyoe and you know it." He explained, kissing the back of his wife's hand.

"Get a room."

"This is my room, young lady."

Sephy turned her head as her lips fell into a straight line, "You're right ma." Sephy said in defeat as she sat up from the hospital bed, "Just be healthy for the festival next week, please." Seishi looked between the two, confused.

"Next week? Dear, we agreed to go to Sendai."

"No! No, no, no, no, no! It's my first festival because of someone! Papa! Is overprotective!"

The couple laughed as they watched their daughter throw a tiny fit over next week, "Darling, you can go with Yue and Reko." Kiyoe suggested. Sephy let out a sigh of disbelief, "Yue is going with her boyfriend and Reko is working in her mother's shop!"

"I'm sorry darling, I completely forgot about Sendai." Kiyoe grabbed Sephy's hands, smiling apologetically. Her shoulders dropping, Sephy pulled away, "It's okay, it's okay I'll stay home or figure out something." She mumbled. Pulling away from her mother, she grabbed her school bag.

"I'll visit again tomorrow!"

"Ouh! He's waiting for you!" Yue said excitedly as she eyed Mikey who was waiting by the gates to Showa. Sephy eyes brighten as she couldn't help but smile. "Are you two dating yet?" Reko asked as she stared at her underclassman. Seraphine shook her head, "Would you date someone who you've meet less than a year agon?"

"Is that a trick question?" Yue questioned as the three girls got closer to Mikey, "And besides, hasn't it almost been a year?" She asked again. Sephy rolled her eyes as she broke off from the two, "Why are you here?"

Sephy asked sweetly as she threw her arms around Mikey. He instantly accepted the hug, resting his chin on her shoulder, "My school let out early because of the festival."

"Really? Showa doesn't do anything like that." The redhead mumbled as she slowly pulled away. Mikey laughed a little as he grinned, "Are you going to the festival?" Mikey asked, staring at Sephy with hope. She shook her head, no longer hugging the boy, "I was but my mama couldn't go anymore, I think I'll just be at home." Her vibrant eyes drifted to the white limousine that pulled up.