Lovers quarrel

"What are you apologizing for" Douma asked, breaking the silence after a few seconds. "And I've never seen you being affectionate except for that time you were drunk". Sighing moodily, Akaza pushed himself out of the embrace reluctantly, rolling his eyes when Douma whined softly in response. "You bastard, you said you would be in the forest every night, almost two fucking weeks ago!" Akaza complained stiffly, crossing his arms over his chest. "I know, I'm sorry, I underestimated how difficult fooling a man who can literally see inside my head is" he began, brows furrowing in slight unease as he spoke. "I'm used to acting, but doing it while keeping my mind empty is another thing". Akaza let a small annoyed breath escape his lips, as he sat back on his knees, raking his eyes up and down the others figure with a judgmental look on his face. "Your so pale your almost see-through you idiot, what on earth have you been doing?" The demon chuckled softly, waving his hand in front of his face idly. "I accidently got on uppermoon two's bad side, so I used up more energy than I had fighting him" Akaza blinked slowly, furrowing his brows in confusion. "So that's how you got the rank, i was about to ask about that". Douma nodded cheerfully, raising up a hand to muffle a small yawn from escaping his lips. "Did you spend the two weeks picking out that outfit or did you get toddlers to do it for you?". The pinkette stated dryly, smirking when Douma pouted and crossed his own arms in a slight huff. "The other uppermoons told me I wasn't allowed wear a demon slayers uniform if i switched sides, so Mitsuri took me shopping and helped me pick this out! what's wrong with it?". 

Akaza stiffened slightly, raising his eyes too meet the others with an accusing look. "Who's Mitsuri?" he asked, trying to keep the coldness from his voice. "And why are you speaking about the uppermoons in such a familiar tone?". Douma giggled quietly in response to this, seeming not to notice the accusation in the question. "Mitsuri is lowermoon 2! she's super nice" he explained cheerfully. "Iguro and Shinobu had to come with us when we were shopping because how protective they are of her! it's so sweet!" he rambled, missing how tightly the smaller mans jaw clenched with every word he spoke. "I think we're all friends now, and I like Giyuu too! he's very antisocial though, kinda like Koku, Hantengu and Nakime! and-" "You were away all this time making friends with the fucking 12 kizuki!?" Akaza interrupted, unable to stay calm any longer. "Their our enemy Douma! your a demon slayer for gods sake! I don't give a shit about how nice they pretend to be!"

Douma pouted, biting his lip in confusion as he took in the others words. "I know, but it doesn't seem like their pretending" he sighed. "And it's nice to not be the subject of constant suspicion and mockery for the first time in a while". As soon as the words had left his lips he knew it was a mistake to utter them, as Akaza rose to his feet and turned his head away from him slightly as he spoke, his balled up fists visibly hanging right in front of the demons face. "Akaza don't be mad at me please, I just meant that-" "I don't give a shit about whatever stupid excuse your about to make to me Douma" Akaza interrupted, turning towards the door of the bedroom slowly. "If you like them so much than go be with them, nobody's stopping you!". Douma scrambled to his feet as the pinkette strode towards the door, his heart speeding up in his chest as he cursed himself internally for just blurting out whatever came to his mind. "Kaza please!!!" Douma begged, grabbing onto the smaller slayers wrist in an attempt to hold him back from leaving. "I didn't mean it like that, you know you mean more to me than anyone else does!". Akaza stopped abruptly, the icy hand grasping his wrist seemingly calming him down slightly as Douma breathed a small sigh of relief. "I'm sorry for saying what i said, I'm just drained and tired" He began, pausing from his apology when the smaller man turned to face him. "I-" 

.

Douma felt his eyes widen in shock as Akaza yanked his wrist from his grip, raising his arm up to his face in disbelief at the hand-shaped bruise beginning to form on the pale skin . "You struck me? I don't understand, if you wanted me to let go you could have told m-". "Your a demon, you can regenerate can't you? you'll be fine." Akaza snapped, turning away from the other and yanking the bedroom door open. "I've made a mistake with you, no matter how humane you pretend to be, your just like they are" he growled, too tired and angry to even register what he was saying as his emotions spilled out like a tidal wave. "Get out, go back to your new demon friends since they don't treat you with suspicion and mockery". The last few words were practically a shout, the sarcastic tone in his voice shocking the other speechless. "Akaza- i was just fatigued i didn't mean-". "DON'T YOU GET IT FOR FUCKS SAKE!?" Akaza yelled, turning around to face him again, keeping a firm hand on the door handle behind him. "YOUR AN UPPERMOON DOUMA, EVEN LOOK AT YOURSELF FOR FUCKS SAKE?! YOUR CRAVING BLOOD RIGHT NOW ARENT YOU? AND HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE BEFORE YOU KILL TO GET IT?". Douma backed away a step, biting his own lip to stop from crying out in response to the accusation. "Don't you see?" Akaza stated, his voice falling back to a whisper, cracking slightly as he spoke. "I loved you, I really, really did, but I can't love a demon. I just can't". 

As soon as the words left his lips, Akaza strode out of the room more confidently than he felt, slamming the door behind him. He didn't want to see the pain on the others face. He didn't even know how he felt.