mirrors

Detective Rias, a valuable person in the detective agency. Cases solved in mere days, he built up his name quite well. Never puzzled, clues connected easy, it felt almost as if he could never be stuck on a case.

Mysta shuffled through the papers of his old work proudly, himself being on headline after headline. A knock on the door could be heard, he allowed the figure to come in. "A new case for you, Detective Rias. It's apparently about a serial killer who kills their victims in very.. extravagant ways, known as the fantasy murderer." The trainee had grimaces, handing him the file.

He examines the information inside the file, looking carefully for anything important. "There's almost nothing on this 'fantasy murderer', like literally nothing." Mysta says, looking at the trainee, furrowing his eyebrows. There had only been a handful of articles related to this killer's victims and hardly any useful information came from the suspects. "Yes, there is indeed a scarce amount of information. But the agency thinks you can do it. Good luck detective, I think this time you'll actually need it." The trainee said, leaving the room.

Mysta sighed, fully irritated by the situation. He scanned through the papers once again, still knowing nothing new could be found. The suspects had almost flawless alibis, the crime scene had almost no traces of evidence. "The first victim of the killer.. Petra Gurin. She was found in a freeze storage unit. Cause of death was hypothermia, her fingers had been sown together, same with her feet. Definitely an extravagant way of death alright.." He exited his office, bringing the file with him.

He opened the door to another room, one containing files of many people. "Hey Detective Rias, what do you need?" Fulgur asked, seeing Mysta enter through the door. Fulgur was the one in charge of keeping track on all the victims and cases given to the agency.

"Fulgur, I'm going to need the information file on victim Petra Gurin. "Fulgur nodded at his request, scanning every file for the victim. "Here it is. Good luck on the case, it's not often you come here." Mysta shook his head gratefully, leaving. He looked through the information, something caught his eye. "She was a member of famous ex-gaming group Obsydia which were made up of herself, Rosemi Lovelock and Selen Tatsuki." Hearing these names, he noticed something. Selen Tatsuki had soon after Petra was also a victim.
"I see.. I suppose looking for Rosemi Lovelock will be the best lead for now."

Mysta exited the detective agency. Waiting for a bus, he dialed his friend, Shu Yamino. "Hey Mysta, what's up?" Shu said through the phone. "Hey, mind helping me out a bit? I'm a bit blocked on a case." Mysta responded, stepping into the bus. "That's new, but anyway I'm listening. What's up?" On Shu's end, he sat in-front of many computers, filled with thousands of lines of coding.

"Why does everyone keep saying that. Whatever.. can you be on standby in the case of if I need something really far down in the depths of the internet?" He asked sheepishly. Shu chuckled, "Yeah, sure. But if you end up not needing me at all, you're gonna be owing me for wasting time that I could've spent on something else." Mysta gulped worryingly, "Yep.. got it Shu, thanks a lot." He hung up, stopping at his destination, Obsydia's apartment complex.

He knocked on the door, and as expected, Rosemi had answered it. "Ah.. hi there sir, can I help you?" She answered quietly. "You are Rosemi Lovelock, right? I'm detective Mysta Rias. I'm here to investigate the case of your members Petra Gurin and Selen Tatsuki. I'm very sorry if this brings up bad times." He could see her tense up at her friends' names. "Please, come in and we can talk." She sat down on the sofa silently.

He joined her, setting down the files on the coffee table. "I have a lot of questions to ask, and I need you to be honest and give me answers, that okay?" She nodded in agreement, picking up and reading the files. "Let's start with Petra, when did you last see her?" He asked, bringing out a small note pad. "It was here, at around 6:20 PM, she said she was going to go meet up with a friend of hers for dinner. She didn't come back and me and Selen only got word of what happened 3 days after on the news." Rosemi replied.