Sending the Invites

(3 ABY, Grotius) 

"Kordi! Kordi!" An energetic, young voice called out happily. "I get to be a Jedi!" 

"Yes, I know, Rowan," a female voice laughed. "But you won't have the energy to learn if you don't get to bed. Hurry up, Zander!" 

"One minute!" A muffled male voice droned. "Trying to scrape out Roger's cooking from my teeth!"

The door opens to show a rusty B1 battle droid running through a large room with something in his hands. 

 "Hey, guys!" He shouted in a familiar automated voice. "Were we expecting mail?" 

One by one, three people came out into the open. The first was a short boy with an energetic feel about him. He had spiky chocolate brown hair atop his head, brown eyes, and tan skin. His yellow jacket stayed above his light blue shirt and had a sash between the two. Along his legs were faded green pants. 

Behind him was an older girl, seemingly in the late teens or early twenties, and she had a responsible look on her face. Her brown hair was held up in a short ponytail in order to keep most of her hair out of her green eyes. A green jacket hung on her shoulders over her yellow shirt and brown harness, seeming to contradict her younger brother's style. Her calves and lower half of light blue pants were covered by dark leather, knee high boots. 

The last person to be seen was a young man, early to mid twenties, with a confident air around. His combed hair was angled backwards from his brown eyes. His light blue vest was draped over his yellow shirt. A wrench hung at the side in a holster beside his light blue pants. Several brown pouches hung around his legs. 

"I don't think so," Zander said, walking out the bathroom. "Unless one of you ordered something." 

"I didn't order anything," Kordi announced. 

"I haven't gone on the holonet in a while," Roger reported, "so it wasn't me." 

Everyone looks to Rowan who was staring at the box. "I didn't order it but..." he paused. 

"But?" Zander motioned for him to keep going. 

"Oh no," Roger droned. "This better not be like how you found the kyber crystal." 

"That's exactly it," Rowan said, "just not as strong." 

Zander hums, leaning down to look at the package, before grabbing it and taking it over to a table. 

"What are you doing?" Kordi questioned as everyone followed over. 

"Well," Zander began while looking through his tool box, "if Furlac sent us a bomb, it probably would've blown up by now. And if this is one of Rowan's new power things-" 

"The force," Rowan interrupted. 

Zander seems to ignore him. "Then this could be something useful or maybe another crystal. Aha!" He holds up a screwdriver from the toolbox. Angling it at the box, everyone tenses as he stabs the box. After a moment or two, everyone relaxes again. 

"Well, I guess it isn't alive or a bomb," Roger expressed. 

Unlike everyone else, Rowan was simply staring, he felt the box calling to him, just like the kyber crystal. Only it wasn't as strong, it was more like it was asking to share something. So he made up his mind. 

"Uh, guys," he called, getting everyone's attention. "Could I maybe be the one to open it?" 

"Rowan," Kordi spoke in a stern voice, "we have no idea what is in there." 

"I know," Rowan stammered, "it's just..." 

He seemed a little scared, like they would call him crazy. Zander, seeming to know what was going on, put a reassuring hand on his younger brother's shoulder. "Hey, we've seen a lot of things today. I promise not to laugh or call you crazy."