𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Joey was sleeping peacefully in her bed, dreaming about living in a mega mansion and drinking cocktails that her maid served her. It was luxurious. People surrounded Joeys house, begging for her autograph and for a photo. She felt as if she was on top of the world. Joey no longer lived in the shitty Southside, instead she was rich and having enough money to set her up for life.

Everything was going good, until a pair of shoulders was shaking her awake. At first Joey rolled over, trying to ignore the mysterious person that was desperately trying to awaken her. But when a pillow hit Joeys head she shot up, being met with Debbie staring at her.

"Fuck Debs, what're you doing?" Joey mumbled, rubbing her eyes and trying her best to wake up. The sun had barley come up yet and here Debbie was awake and full of energy. Joey was a little concerned to say the least.

"I wanted to watch you sleep, so that you don't catch a heart attack and die."

"Woah, what?"

"Lots of people die in their sleep. Statistically speaking about 12.5% of Americans die in their sleep each year." Debbie continued to explain. Joey groaned and placed a pillow on her head, hoping the lack of oxygen would make her pass out and take her out of her misery. Fiona had mentioned how for the last couple of days Debbie had been going on a rampage about death. Joey just figured that she wouldn't fall victim to it. But here she was, having to deal with Debbie watching her as she slept.

"Go back to sleep Debs," Joey sighed, letting out a yawn afterwards. "It's six in the morning."

"I can't! How do I know you won't kick the bucket!" Debbie exclaimed.

Joey groaned loudly before getting out of bed and grabbing her camera. "I'll record myself. That way you can watch later and see I'm still breathing. Will that make you leave me the hell alone?"

Debbie hesitated before nodding, causing Joey to place her sheets over her body once more and fall asleep.

When Joey woke up a few hours later, she stepped out of her room to see Ian exercising and Carl punching his chest.

"What's up dicks?" Joey greeted, playfully shoving Carls shoulder causing him to shove her back.

"Hey fuckhead." Lip called, walking up the stairs to be met with the duo.

"Dickhead." Carl replied, continuing to punch Ian's chest. Joey soon joined in, bored out of her mind.

"Yo, Lip. You think you can help me with my science project later? You totally bailed the last time I asked you." Joey spoke, walking inside her older brothers room and punching his shoulder rather harshly.

"Yeah uh just, show me what you gotta do and I'll help you tonight. Promise."

"Pinky promise."

"What the fuck, no! You're not four anymore. If I tell you I'll do it then I'll do it. That's it." But when Joey simply stood there, her arms crossed over her chest Lip groaned before holding out his pinky and linking it with Joeys. He then started to speak about someone he met that can potentially help Ian with his military journey.

"Wait, you still wanna go into the army?" Joey questioned, furrowing her brows. "Lip told me it was just a phase."

"Yeah, well, that was before I got a rather rude wake up call Jo," Lip replied, throwing her a cigarette and lighter which she caught with ease. "But that isn't the case anymore."

Debbie had started to walk up the stairs, singing some random song about pain and agony. She pushed Joey out of the way causing her to bump into Carl and push him to the ground.