Chapter 61) Sickness

Y/N wakes up to a clicking noise. She opens her eyes and finds herself staring into a camera. Glenn is smiling behind it.

She playfully swats him. A picture prints. She rolls her eyes. "Changing of the guard?"

He nods. "Yeah, i'll bring you breakfast after the perimeter check." He leans in and kisses her softly.

She picks up the picture and groans. "Oh my god. Throw that away."

He looks at it and smiles. "Not gonna happen. It's mine." She laughs and kisses his hand as he climbs down the tower.

Once he's gone, her smile fades and she pulls out her bottle. She takes two pills and swallows them without water. She winces.

She puts the bottle away and leans over the railing looking down on the field. Michonne is there with her horse getting ready for another run.

She waves at her as she passes. Suddenly gunshots ring out from inside. Y/N gasps. Michonne brings her horse to a stop. Rick and Carl who were down feeding the pigs pause.

Suddenly two little girls, Lizzie and Mika run out of the building screaming. "Help! Help! Come quick!"

Y/N yells down to Rick. "Cell blocks?"

He shouts back. "I don't know!"

He turns to Carl. "Get in the tower with Y/N. Don't argue. Go!"

Michonne gallops back up to the outer gate as Rick runs to the main part of the prison.

Glenn yells. "Walkers in D!"

Sasha, Daryl, Carol, and Tyreese run outside.

"What about C?" Rick shouts.

"Clear! We locked the gate to the tombs!" Sasha says, running with an axe in her hand.

Daryl takes off. "It ain't a breach!"

Y/N climbs down the tower, meeting Carl in the field. Michonne is waiting outside and the two help open the gate, letting her back inside.

Several walkers get in too and one knocks Michonne to the ground.

Carl shoots one in the head and Y/N kills the one on Michonne.

At some point in the process, Michonne injured her leg and screams in agony.

Y/N helps her stand and leads her back inside the field. She turns to Carl. "Stay with her!"

She takes off in a full sprint towards cell block D. She hears gunfire and screams coming from inside as people exit.

She pushes her way inside and sees chaos. Walkers are everywhere. Not just any walkers. People she sees everyday. Their people. She stabs one in the head and recognizes him as Stanley, the man who opened the gate back at Woodbury.

Rick spots her and shouts. "Where's Carl?"

She waves her hand as she slices another walker. "With Michonne! He's fine."

Rick nods and continues killing the walkers. Tyreese runs to his girlfriend, Karen. Carol helps Lizzie and Mika's father.

Daryl and Rick take down several, checking the cells. Glenn is on the upper floor. Once everything is dead, they take a breather, Glenn goes to one of the cells and suddenly a walker bursts out from behind the curtain.

Daryl shouts. "Get down!" He ducks and Daryl fires an arrow into the walkers head.

Y/N rushes up to him and hugs him. They look down at the walker and Y/N's eyes widen.