The End Of The Begining

Alex and Angel had grown up together with an on-and-off relationship, it's what they were known for. They had met back in 3rd grade in elementary school. Alex was popular and Angel was a quiet transfer student. When Alex laid his brown eyes on Angel, it felt like heaven. Alex had spotted His Estúpida.  Angel had her 5 main friends who she'd only be around and Alex kept his hawk eyes on her, he didn't want her to slip away. Unfortunately for Alex, Angel had her eyes on another guy, Rylin. Rylin had no interest in Angel. During the Terry Fox run Angel attempted to race Rylin but he brushed her off like dust on his shoulder. Alex observed as it happened and saw a look of misery on Angel's smooth skin and despair in her doll-like, golden-brown eyes. He took this as an opportunity to speak to Angel. "Hey, you look upset what's up?" Angel was stunned to hear the voice of THE popular guy coming from behind her. Her head turned and met the eyes of her love. With teary eyes, she explained how her crush ignored her. Alex spent 3 seconds thinking before coming up with a decision that would change his life forever. "I'll race you!" He exclaimed excitedly. He was so pleased because he was about to spend time with His Estúpida, or better yet The Love Of His Life. Of course, Angel won the race, Alex was in denial and still is. Ever since that day Alex and Angel were inseparable.  They were the nerds of the class and chess rivals. Every chance angel got she would take, just to speak to her love. "What time is it?" Angel said looking over to Alex who happily told her the hour and minute every day she would ask. That was only the beginning. And so their romance began.