What is Love?

Prologue

TIMOTHEO's POV

So there's this girl named Lori...

A young, beautiful, carefree lady who is beyond her edges and altered imperfections. She's got everything, including those insincere intentions of boys around her.

She attracts everyone as well as my numb and altruistic heart. I witnessed how her hair grew every time she cut it. I noticed her under-eye circles whenever she was tired and lacked sleep. The new fake nails she wears every week never fail to get my attention. I always admire her smile at any moment she's with her friends.

For 7 years, I am still all eyes on her. Embracing all her flaws. Admiring her from afar, loving her without her noticing.

When Hunny Hemlani said...
"I gave you $50. He gave you $100.
You thought he was better because he gave you more, but he had $1,000,000, and all I had was $50."

Damn, I felt that, that hit me too relatable hard. Because I am here, freely introducing myself to Lori, I could give her my all. But she's looking for something more, someone that is not me.

But should I force someone to love me just because I love them?

I bitterly laughed.

What a fool, Tim...

———

"Hey, Timmy! Your crushiecakes, oh!"

My eyes immediately detected her spot when Lloyd, my friend, called her signature name. I smiled when I saw her walking down the quadrangle alone. As always, she's wearing her headphones, obviously unbothered.

"Sus! Kumikinang na naman ang mga mata ng Timmy natin, oh!" Kantyaw ni Lloyd kasabay nang tawanan nila ng mga kaibigan ko.

I scratched my nape and couldn't stifle my smile.

God, what did that girl do to me? Why am I... Why am I so deeply fallen that I couldn't get up on my own feet?

I followed her with my gaze as she passed through us. Wala akong pakialam kung anong pinagsasabi nina Lloyd dahil naka-headphones naman siya, I trust that she won't hear them.

I swallowed the sweet line that stuck in my throat as her fresh and luscious smell of perfume welcomed my nose when she walked a meter away from my position. Damn! It smells like heaven!

"Pare, gago, tama ka na! Ang mga mata mo lalabas na!" Ivan tapped my shoulder while laughing.

I know someone will laugh at me when they hear my story about admiring Lori. But I don't care... I love the way I love her.

"Sya! Sya! Tara na! Tama nang pantasya, Timmy!" Lloyd said and pulled my arm when the bell rang.

I was fantasizing about reality. Imagine how would we look if we were together. What would our children look like in the future?

I shook the impossible thought.

Focus, Tim!

"Mr. Salazar,"