Chapter 14- 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰

3rd Person POV

"I wish I had been there." Kiri said smiling widely. "The ocean blessed you with a gift brother." She added, clearly mesmerized by Lo'ak's story on how he met a tulkun when he was outside the reef.

Ataya was sitting next to Ao'nung  who was leaning on a tree, while the others were sitting down. Ataya saw Ao'nung roll his eyes.

"The tulkun have not returned yet. And anyway no tulkun is ever alone." Ao'nung said leaning on his knees.

"This one was. He had a missing fin. Like a stump on the left side." Lo'ak explained looking at Tsireya who was sitting next to him.

Tsireya's eyes widend and she quickly sent a look to Ao'nung and then turned back to Lo'ak.

"Payakan. It's Payakan." She said with a frown while looking at Rotxo.

"Payakan?" Ataya asked with a frown.

"Who's Payakan?" Kiri added.

"A young bull who went rouge. He is outcast, alone and has a missing fin." Rotxo explained making Payakan sound evil.

"They say he's a killer." Tsireya said looking into Lo'ak's eyes.

"No." Lo'ak protested.

"He killed other na'vi and other tulkun." Ao'nung said trying to make Lo'ak understand the situation. "Not here, but far to the south." He added.

"No, he's no killer." Lo'ak insisted.

"Lo'ak, you're lucky to be alive." Tsireya said looking at him.

"I'm telling you guy's, he saved my life. He's my friend." Lo'ak insisted again.

"Just because he didn't kill you doesn't mean he's not a killer." Ataya said looking at Lo'ak which made him roll his eyes.

"My baby bro. The mighty warrior. Who faced the killer tulkun and lived to tell about huh?" Neteyam mocked Lo'ak while grabbing his shoulders.

"You guys aren't listening." Lo'ak said while getting up, clearly pissed off.

"Lo'ak I'm listening." Tuk called out wanting to hear more.

"Lo'ak, come back." Kiri said and looked at Neteyam. "You skxawng." She added rolling her eyes at him.

Ataya sighed getting up. As much as she didn't want to follow him, she didn't like seeing him upset.
She watched him get on an ilu and swim off.

Ataya called out for an ilu and jumped on it, following him. Once she reached Lo'ak, her eyes widened and her mouth fell agape. Lo'ak was sitting on the fin of Payakan, talking to him with the sign language Tsireya and Ao'nung had taught them.

"Lo'ak." Ataya called out and he turned around.

"Ataya." He said not expecting to see her here.

Ataya was staring at Payakan with fear in her eyes. She didn't want to be eaten alive by the tulkun. That would be a painful death for sure.

"He's not going to hurt you. I promise." Lo'ak assured her.

Lo'ak then reached out his hand to Ataya to pull her up on Payakan's fin next to him. Ataya grabbed his hand and let him pull her up.

Payakan made a clicking noise and Ataya looked towards Lo'ak in confusion. "Is he saying something?" She asked looking at Lo'ak.

"He asked if you are the girl from the star." Lo'ak said smirking at Ataya.

"You told him about me?" Ataya asked smiling, feeling her cheeks get flushed.

Lo'ak nodded, smirking at her slightly. Ataya looked up into his eyes. Her heart fluttered due to the close proximity they were in.