Prologue: While Meerub grows restless to meet Murtasim after the accident her Father Anwar doesn't let her.

Murtasim's pov :

Right after setting foot on the House Murtasim hurried towards his room, their room ,the one he shared with Meerab. He doesn't know why he felt impending sorrow lurking around the corner ready to attack him and take control over his being drowning him in an endless ocean of darkness . But he didn't care.

Opening the door to his bedroom he called for her "Meerab "

"Meerab"

The mad urge to meet Meerab, to hold her in his arms, to ensure she is alright was growing strong with each passing second. He couldn't take it anymore.

"Meerab, kaha ho tum ?" he yelled desperate for her presence.

That's when she entered, she whom he despised with his whole being,Haya.

"Who nahi ayegi Murtasim " she said leaning against the doorframe, a small smile gracing the corner of her lips. Her demeanor bothered him , she seemed delighted ?! An unknown fear about Meerab's well-being slowly made its way to his heart.

"Kyun?" he asked turning to face her. Although he didn't want to talk to her let alone see her face , she was his only source of information at this point.

"Kyuki who Anwar chacha ke sath chali gayi hain "she paused then uttered with a full blown smile on her face "Humesha keliye "

Resisting the urge to slap the girl standing in front of him he  balled his fists trying to reign in his anger when she started to speak again.

"Kyun rahegi woh jab who tumhe apna shauhar mantih hi nahi " she said moving closer to him in an attempt to make sure that her words leave the desired impact. When she saw how Murtasim closed his eyes and kept clenching and unclenching his fist , his knuckles turning white ,

"It's working " she thought

Thousands of scenarios flashed in front of his eyes, him slapping Meerab, him misbehaving her, him manhandling her, him caring for her, him yearning for her undivided attention.....

"Did she finally give up on me ? This is it then ?" he thought searching for answers in his mind.

He failed to notice though when haya had moved closer to him. In an attempt to console Murtasim, her hand was about to land on Murtasim's shoulder when it was caught in a vice grip.

"DON'T TOUCH ME "he yelled pulling haya away from him and putting a reasonable distance between them. His whole form was shaking in anger when he looked at Haya cowering in fear, her wrist still caught in his hand.

"Ainda mujhe chune ki himmat bhi kiya toh main bhul jayunga tum iss khandan ki ladki ho "he said releasing her hand.

"Par Murtasim "she was abt to say something.

But alas his one glare was enough to shut her up. Haya knew better than to bother Murtasim when he was angry . Casting one last glance at his figure she turned and disappeared down the hallway.

"Kyun meerub kyun "he thought as he glanced at the wedding photograph hung at the far end of the room. Neither of them was smiling in the photo but they were bound to each other  by the sacred bond of nikkah, at least that's what he thought.

"Maybe she didn't " he thought as a humourless laugh made way to his lips .

"Is she alright ?"he pondered .

His mind drifted to the moment he heard her cries as he laid motionless on the road .She had carefully placed his head on her lap and kept him awake until the ambulance arrive .He also felt someone holding his hand refusing to let go when he was ushered to the emergency room .