chapter III.

Now I stood outside, while her parents were saying goodbye to her. I always felt jealous when it came to affection from her parents. I was grateful that they took me in and that they treated me very kindly but I always wanted to feel a mother's loving embrace or a father's proud smile. She hated their affection, which I never really understood, the only thing I could do was watch her getting the love I never got.

Before the young miss got here, Morticia had a heart to heart conversation with me.
"I trust that you will take care of her for me."
"Of course, madam."
"I'm sure your payment is to your liking."
"Yes it is."
Then she frowned a bit.
"But this time don't be so fixated on just Wednesday. This could be an opportunity for you to step out of the shadows and find your own interests. Also I had a vision of you falling in love with someone. So please do it for yourself.", she lightly smiled at me while I just looked at her unbothered.
"Yeah...right.", like that would ever happen.
I bowed down and watched as Wednesday came outside.

The conversation between the madam and the miss was giving me chills so I was happy when it ended. The tension was terrifying. I then hugged Pugsley, said goodbye to Gomez and watched them drive away.

Later that evening I was at miss Wendys dorm room since I already unpacked mine.
I read a book while she was scraping off the colorful papers from the window.
"Adreanna."
"Yes, young miss?", alright I'm scared of what's she's gonna say.
"How big is your salary right now?", well sh*t.
"Why are you asking?"
"I just wanna know how likely your about to let me escape."
"Well I got four times my previous pay. But it's gonna decrease every month, so I'm gonna have to let you stay here at least a month.", I may be greedy but I have a reason for it.
When I first got to the Addams family I had nothing. My contract is until Wednesday turns 18, after that I'm under her care. She can either keep me or let me go, so I'm saving up money in case I would have to leave.
"I'm sorry to tell you but I'm not gonna stay a month in this purgatory.", oh well, it was worth a shot.

I then heard the door open and in came Enid.
"What the hell did you do to my room?", she sounded pretty angry.
"Dividing our room equaly. It looks like a rainbow vomited on your side.", rude.
"I-", Enid started.
"Silence would be appreciated. This is my writing time.", she cut her off.
"Your writing time?", Enid questioned.
"I devote an hour a day to my novel. Perhaps if you did the same, your vlog might be coherent. I've read serial killer diaries with better punctuation."
"I write in my voice. It's my truth. It's what my followers love.", poor Enid protested.
"Your followers are clearly imbeciles. They respond to your stories with insipid little pictures.", whoa, no need to be so hostile.
"Uh, you mean emojis? It's how people express their feelings. I realize that's a foreign concept to you.", buuurn.
"When I look at you, the following emojis come to mind. Rope, shovel, hole.", and body.
She then turned around to sit back to her typewriter.
"By the way, there are two D's in Addams. If you're going to gossip about me, at least spell my name correctly."
"Oh also, my last name is Blanche, not Addams and Adreanna is with two N's.", I said since it came to the topic of correcting names.

Again the door opened and in came a woman with red hair.
"Good evening, girls. Oh, sorry about the mud. I wanted to make sure that Wednesday was settling in. Oh, hello Adreanna. I see you're with them. At least I don't have to visit you separately."
She looked around and saw the room divided in two sides and steped with one foot on one side and the other foot on the other side.
"Ah. Is this a bad time? I'm Ms. Thornhill, your dorm mom. Apologies, I wasn't there to greet you when you arrived. I trust Enid has given the old Nevermore welcome.", she really had a bright smile, but something wasn't really right about her. Nah, it's probably fine.
"She's been smothering me with hospitality. I hope to return the flavor. In her sleep." I laughed and came closer to the two girls.
"Well, here's a little welcome gift from my conservatory. I try to match the right flower to each of the girls. When I read your personal statement in your application, I immediately thought of this one. Also this one is perfect for you.", she gave each of us a pot with a flower.
"The black dahlia.", Wednesday observed the flower in her hand.
"Oh, you know it?", Miss Thornhill asked.
"Of course. It's named after one of our favourite murders."
"Thank you, black roses are one of my favourites.", I smiled at her but still, something felt wrong. Each of these flowers has a meaning and I'm sure she knows them so why? Why these flowers?

"Okey-dokey. Before I leave, I want to go over a few house rules. Lights off at 10:00, no loud music and no boys, ever."
"What's the story about going into the local town?", I asked interested.
"Passed to Jericho are a privilege, not a right. It's a brisk 25 minute walk or there's a shuttle on the weekends. The locals are a tad bit wary about Nevermore, so please don't go making any waves or perpetuating any outcast stereotypes. That means keep your claws to yourself and no smothering people in their sleep. Are we clear?", she asked while looking at us.
"Great talk.", she chuckled while walking out the door.

"Alright, I'll also be going. Goodnight miss Wendy, miss Sinclair.", I bowed down and went to my dorm.

(⁠☞゚⁠∀゚⁠)⁠☞ well that took a minute.
The next one will have a solo scene with Adreanna (hopefully). Hope you enjoyed