chapter 1

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

"You should really clean up in here." I say as I swing open the door to Jays room.

"Well you should stop coming over uninvited." Jay replies with a chuckle.

I clear a spot for me on the bed and get under the covers with Jay. I roll onto my side to face him.

"Ricky so does not like me back." I sigh.

Jay tosses his phone on the bed and removes his earbud. He gives an annoyed look before replying.

"And how do you know that?"

"Because I asked him to hangout and he replied with 'ya for sure' like he didn't even try to make plans."

"Fie, I swear you are so stupid sometimes. No boy our age makes plans with a girl. He obviously assumes you'll ask him to come over at like 3 in the morning for a super romantic hangout."

I laugh and hit Jay with his own pillow.

"Jay I want a date not a hookup."

"Well then I guess you gotta get some balls and ask him yourself."

"How am I supposed to do that. What if he says no?"

"He won't say no. No guy in the history of the world has ever said no to you."

I smile. He's not wrong. No guy has ever not wanted me, aside from Jay of course. Jay has been my best friend since the 6th grade. We were assigned to a group project and well here we are 5 years later. And by the way, strictly platonic as always.

"Ughhhh. I hate being a beautiful hilarious teenage girl. Its so hard." I say sarcastically.

"Sounds like a huge problem. I say just hit him up and say 'wanna get dinner sometime just you and me' and then see what he says."

"Oh my god Jay no."

"What's the worst that could happen?"

"He could say no!"

Jay laughs as he gets up from the bed.

"Fie, you're overthinking this way too much. Guys like simple. Literally just ask him. He's gonna say yes."

And with that Jay exits the room, leaving me to think about his advice. Here goes nothing I guess.

me
hey! wanna get dinner sometime. like just me and u.

Ricky
hey! yeah sounds good to me. are u meaning like a date?
or just friends?
friends is cool haha😄
but a date is even cooler
haha
yk what i mean

me
a date ricky
obvi🤭🤭
pick me up at 6?

Ricky
yeah!!
i'll be there
dress cute
i mean you always do
but

me
i know what you mean

I squeal and throw my phone across the room. Then I immediately run back to get it so I begin scrolling Pinterest to plan an outfit. What the hell do I wear to a dinner date?

"What's with the screaming?" Jay asks as he returns with wet hair from his shower.

"Well Jay Micheal Kelso, I'll have you know I took your advice and asked Ricky on a date. And he said yes." I squealed as I pulled up the texts to show Jay.

"He's so nervous. You got him freaking out." Jay replies.

"What's a good first date outfit?"

"Underwear. Super sexy underwear."