3.

"Marley!"

Mar jumped at the shrill sound of her best friend coming into the shop. It hadn't processed that it was her until she took a moment. She had set Firestarter down and smiled and got up and ran around the desk to throw herself at the girl.

"Hi Jill!" She hugged the girl tightly before pulling back from her. "How was the flight?"

"Ugh, don't even get me started. There was this old couple next to me and the woman fell asleep and decided my shoulder would be a better pillow then her husbands." Jill explained, evidently overwhelmed with the whole experience.

Jill was a very pretty girl. She had curly hair like Mar, but it was auburn. She had these deep brown eyes and long thick eyelashes that made her that much prettier. Neat, thick eyebrows and freckles galore.

"Well you made it!" Marley was extremely excited and she was practically bouncing in the spot. "I'm closing the shop early tonight because we're going out. You have no say."

"Ok! Sounds great to me."

The sound of Mar's phone receiving a text caught both of their attention. Mar walked over and picked it up and saw a text from Kit.

Kit:
I saw this really cool book at a another store and thought of you

Mar:
you went to another book store?
are you cheating on me 😔

Kit:
NO
k i did. but Will dragged me along. I had no choice.

Mar:
You should bring him here!
My best friend is in town and I'd love for you to meet her

Kit:
Ok!

"Hey Jill?" Mar called out, locking her phone and turning around to see Jill heading upstairs.

"Yeah?"

"A friend of mine is coming over. I want you to meet him but promise me you won't freak out!" Mar spoke coming closer to her. Jill stopped in the middle of the steps, her duffle bag thrown over her shoulder.

"Ok? Why would I freak out?" Jill asked, furrowing her brows and pushing some hair out of her face.

"It's Kit Connor."

"What!" Jill dropped her duffle bag on the steps and came bounding down to steps to right in front of her and grabbed her arms. "Are you joking!?"

"No. Have I ever lied to you?" Mar chuckled out and Jill's face was tugged up into a wide smile and hugged Marley again. Jill was quite a bit taller then Mar but Marley was used to that. She was 5'2.

It was quite a bit later and Marley was becoming a bit worried that they weren't showing up and Jill was sat on the floor behind the desk, scrolling through her phone. Mar was staring at the door, her chin rested on her palm as she was sitting on the edge of the chair her leg bouncing quite rapidly.

"Mar they're going to come." Jill turned off her phone and looked up to Mar who looked down to her friend. "Trust me."

As soon as Jill said that the bell dinged and Mar's head snapped up and smiled plastered itself onto her face and Jill soon stood up.

"Hi!" Marley walked closer to the two and Jill followed suit, her eyes widening a bit at the fact that Kit Connor was standing right in front of her.