Please?

TW: Alcohol usage

***

Y/n's POV

     There was just something about Emily smoking that was wildly attractive. It was a rare occurrence, but sometimes after a long, stressful case, she would cave and spark one up.

     Who am I kidding? It was everything about her.

     But smoking had never been attractive to me, I came from a home of smokers and went to school smelling deeply of smoke everyday, so I had a hatred for it ingrained in my body, until the day I saw Emily do it and all of my previous prejudices fell apart.

     I zoned out on the raven haired woman as she stood on the balcony of our shared hotel room taking periodic puffs off her cigarette and swigs of her wine.

     "Y/n? You there?" She said trying to break me out of my trance.

     "Wha- Ye-yeah. I'm here." I said blinking away my lust in my eyes for the woman in front of me.

     "I asked if you wanted to join me out here, I'll put my cigarette out if you want." She asked with a chuckle.

     "Oh, yeah I'll join you. And I don't mind." I got up from the bed and grabbed my glass of wine and took my spot next to her rather far from her on the balcony

     I looked over the edge and immediately regretted my decision. My head began to spin and I spun around quickly and faced away from the sheer drop off.

     "Wait. Y/n, are you scared of heights?" She said ecstatically beginning to laugh at me. I rolled my eyes smiling.

     "Oh shut up. Don't act like you don't have any dumb phobias." I say and look at her laughing.

     "That's why you always offer up the window seat on the jet! You're scared!" Emily said like she had finally found my weakness. I roll my eyes again, more dramatically this time as I drink the last half of my glass of wine. "What? Can't handle the truth?" She asked tauntingly.

     "I've known that I've had a fear of heights, it's you who's oh so surprised about it." I say and gesture sarcastically with my hands "You're Ms. Profiler, I thought you'd be able to completely read me." I say in a cocky tone.

     "Oh is that how it's gonna be?" She said with a smile ready and willing to prove her skills to me. I gesture for her to proceed.

     "Well, for a start, I can tell that you always wanted to help people in your line of work. You're a people pleaser, not that that's not painfully obvious." She said looking at me seriously "Hey! I'm trying to be better." I say with a pout.

"I know, but you still suck." She said walking over to stand next to me and give me a playful nudge. "You're great at your job, but you always second guess yourself before contributing your ideas. Everyone thinks your brilliant, like Reid's second coming, but you can never see it. You brush off any and all compliments you ever get because you never learned how to accept them." She said and looked over at me with a smug smirk.

"Oh! And I forgot to mention that even though you brush off those compliments, you remember and cherish every one you get." She said and crossed her arm under her chest and took a short drag off her cigarette and exhaled the smoke off the balcony.

     'Something I'll remember is the image of you smoking that cigarette.' I said in my head as I soaked up every moment of her smoking. I threw my hands up in defeat and said "You got me." dramatically.

     She donned one of her classic Emily smiles, big and perfect in every way. Full of confidence in her skills and just happy to be spending time with you.