25 | Backstabbing rat

Insight to the chapter

"When you are just surrounded by problems and enemies, but still, all you care about is him, would you confess or keep everything inside?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You chuckled, and came in closer, pressing your forehead against mine. The warmth of you soothed my broken heart and I met your gaze. "But... If anything goes wrong... I need you to know something, Piccola." You gulped. "I would destroy this whole world if it meant that you will be safe."

My eyes widened and my heart began to race.

Did... Did he just confess indirectly?

"Jungkook..."

"I love you. I love you a lot, Piccola and I will keep on loving you for the rest of my life."

The simple words left me flustered; my cheeks turned red and my eyes became teary.

He... he just said he love me!

"Jungkook, I... I went from wanting to kill you to wanting to kill for you. I love you! I love you a lot too." I looked down on our hands intertwined. "I will never love you the same... but I will never love you any less either. My love for you will only grow more and more every single day."

The feelings I got when I uttered those words was out of this world. My heart started beating so loud I was sure you could hear it.

I looked into your eyes, relief and happiness flooded your gaze before you reeled me in by the back of my neck and kissed me passionately. Affection and longing spilled from your lips as I sank into your warm embrace.

"And my love for you will grow more and more every passing second, Piccola. Oh, Piccola, you just made me the happiest man on earth."

I bit my bottom lip as you nuzzled your face against mine. "I know it is not technically been the most conventional start of a relationship, but... You have made me the happiest too. I... I have never felt something like this for anyone. For a while, I doubted that I even could. But then you walked into my life... And I just... Fell head over heels."

"My Piccola... I have never felt anything like this either. But I am not afraid of it. All I want is for you to be mine and for me to be yours. And to make you happy for as long as I live."

"Almost sounds like a proposal, Mr. Jeon."

You grinned and I melted beneath your wickedly flirtatious gaze. "It is not like we have not spoken about it earlier. It might still be on my mind."

"Oh, is it now?"

We exchanged sweet smiles, and you kissed me again. "I love you, Eun Jeong."

"I love you too, Jungkook, but we should be getting back to work now."

"Right. Who knows how much time we have before they track us back here." You tapped your chin in thought, then smirked as an idea sparked in your head. "Chang does not know we have uncovered the tracker. And those goons of his probably already know where to find us. Which means... We can set up an ambush for them."

"Yeah, that could work! Do we have something we can distract them with?"

"I could set up the alarm system to go off if it detects something. The sound is loud and high pitched. It is going to throw them off."

"We better wear some earplugs then. What are we going to do about Olivia?"

"For now, we will leave her in the basement. We cannot afford her getting in the way."