one

Her lunch was boring and bland, she soon realized as she chewed through a PB and J sandwich while attempting to complete her French homework. It would have been easier had she not been trying to listen to the well-dressed brunette beside her babble on about whatever she was scrolling through on Twitter at the same time.

"Oh my god!" Clara cried, glaring down at her phone as her fingers rapidly clicked at the key board. "I can not believe the nerve of these people. Just because Jennifer Lopez is a mom means she can't wear what she wants? Who the hell decided that?" she growled, probably replying to the nasty comments with something equally as vicious.

Alice let out a small groan. "Can you calm down?"

"Calm down?" Clara let out a sarcastic laugh. "I will not 'calm down' when people are telling a woman how she can and can't dress because-"

Her panic was cut off when she flicked her finger across the screen, causing her to let out a squeal as she came across something supposedly interesting. Fish have more of an attention span than her, Alice thought to herself.

"Matthew Lewis is, like, half naked. I can't even deal with his hotness. He's like an angel," she sighed, looking up at the ceiling with large doe eyes.

"Let me see," Alice couldn't help but peer over her shoulder to see the image, finding that Matthew Lewis was indeed half naked in the photo. "You're right, he is hot," she finally agreed after staring at the picture for a moment longer before returning to her sandwich.

"Hot doesn't even begin to cover Matthew Lewis. Well, pretty much the entire male population," Clara giggled. "Like, did you see André Hamann's last Instagram post? That's hot right there."

"I don't even know who that is," Alice said amusedly, shaking her head slightly.

"Fine then. Drew Hudson?"

"Never heard of him."

"Eli Reed?"

"Nope."

"What about Edward Wilding?"

"I have no idea who that is, nor do I care."

"David Gandy?" the persistent girl tried desperately.

Alice thought for a moment. "Rings a bell."

"Oh thank goodness," Clara sighed. "I was beginning to think you really were a dumb blonde."

"But I get better grades than you." A smirk crossed Alice's lips as she pointed the fact out. "I'm still smarter than you even if I don't take interest in fake people."

"Fake?" Clara gasped, her usually calm eyes now shooting daggers. "How dare you?" If looks could kill, Alice would have been dead in less than a nanosecond.

"Is this a bad time, ladies?" a voice asked, seeping through the tension easily.

Alice looked up at Cole and his quirky little grin. "Isn't it a little warm for hats?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at the grey beanie covering up the majority of his golden hair.

His smile turned into a childish pout as he sat down between the two girls. "It's never too warm for hats."

"Cole, it's like, five thousand degrees outside," Clara over-exaggerated, her usual behaviour returning as she seemed to have forgotten what she had been going off about only moments before.

"But it's always hot here and I wanted to wear the hat," he huffed, pulling off his beanie and ruffling his hair up.

"It's not even brand name," she frowned in distaste, picking up the hat and scrutinizing it. Alice rolled her eyes slightly. Do people even care about brand names?

He shrugged. "It's not like it matters."

"Yes, it does," she snapped back.

Ignoring the argument between her two best friends, Alice let out a frustrated sigh as she continued with her French. She didn't even notice they had finally stopped bickering until a voice purred into her ear, clearly attempting to be seductive but failing miserably. "Need help?" She jumped.

"Kind of," she replied, a startled note to her tone.

Cole picked up the papers and began to flick through them. "I thought you didn't like French."

"I don't," Alice sighed. "And I'm very disappointed that French class doesn't involve french fries or french toast."

The boy sitting next to her laughed. "Tell you what, I'll give you a French lesson and get you all caught up on the things you need to know."

"That would be great," she smiled up at him, looking into the arctic blue pools of his eyes.

"Aw, OTP," Clara squealed, and for a moment, Alice thought she was teasing them. Cole seemed to have the same thought as a cherry red blush coloured his cheeks, although the two soon realized that the Twitter addict was looking at none other than her phone.