𝔹𝕠𝕪 𝕚 𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨

I got thirsty laying in bed and crying. You lose a lot of water when you cry everyday.

I got up from the bed feeling sluggish. Rafe was gone after our arguement so I was left to fend for my own with the other kooks of this family.

Ward had still been asleep since we arrived here. Rafe checked on him everyday. Part of me wished that Ward died that day but another part of me also knew what it was like to lose a parent, and I would never wish that upon anybody.

I tiptoed down the hall. I could hear Wheezie's whispers to her dad while Rose sat with her talking to him. The wooden floors creaked beneath my feet.

"Josie sweetie, is that you?" Rose shouted from their room.

I sighed knowing I had been caught. I hadn't spoke to anyone but Rafe since I lost the baby. Everyone knew what happened but I didn't wanna feel their pity. "Yeah it's me."

I walked in the dark room. The only light that shined into the room was from the sun. Wheezie smiled at her dad. Ward turned his head slowly as I walked in the room and stood in the doorway.

"We heard you and Rafe arguing. Is everything okay?" Rose asked.

"We're fine. He just, you know how he can get sometimes." I shrugged. I accidentally made eye contact with Ward and quickly looked down at my feet.

"Hey...how's my grandkid?" Ward spoke softly.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. It wasn't Wards fault that he didn't know but I couldn't think of anything to say. "Umm...I'm just gonna go get some water."

Rose nodded. I'm sure she filled him in once I walked away. I grabbed a cup of water and walked outside sitting on the back patio and starring at the sunset. I laid in bed for most of the day so being out in the fresh air was all I needed.

The backdoor opened and Wheezie walked out. She was quiet but sat down in the empty chair across from me.

"How's your dad doing?" I looked over at her.

"He's okay. I'm so glad he's awake." She smiled.

I nodded slowly. I didn't hate all the Camerons. Wheezie was the only other Cameron I could put up with. She can't help what family she was born into.

"Josie, are you gonna break up with Rafe?" She asked.

I looked at her confused. "Where did you get that from?"

"It's just, you two have been fighting a lot lately. He's always focused on that stupid cross." She rolled her eyes.

"Wheeze, I love your brother. I really do, but sometimes couples fight and sometimes they break up, but I don't know what's gonna happen between us. You're brother isn't the same boy I met a year ago." I explained. "I remember the day my brother was in the sheriff's office and Rafe offered to give me a ride. He was sweet and caring. I knew from the way he smiled at me that I was bound to fall for him as much as I tried not to."

She just nodded and looked around. "And now?"

I sighed looking down at the cup of water in my hand. "And now...I don't know."

The truth was I felt like Rafe and I were going in two different directions. It's felt this way for a while. We love each other one minute and the next we can't stand each other.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about my future and what I want. I don't wanna be sad anymore. I'm tired of crying and feeling useless. I wish I could just flip my emotions with a switch. I would shut it all off, all because of a boy.

The next morning I woke up and headed into the kitchen to grab some breakfast. I looked out and saw Rafe talking to Ward, the coversation seemed tense.

Rafe stormed back inside and I could tell he was upset. "What's wrong?" He walked right past me. I followed after him grabbing his arm to which he spun around on his heels. "Rafe, I asked you a question."

He starred at me shocked at the tone of my voice. I was done playing games with him. He sighed and looked around. "Grab your shit. We're going back to the Outer Bank."

WELCOME TO BOOK 3! IM SO EXCITED! I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER. DONT WORRY CHAOS WILL UNFOLD...PER USUAL.