8|Questions

Why was Miya bruised?
Does this mean that all the other parts of her body she's hiding, underneath her baggy clothes, are also bruised.
It was strange how she had so many bruises.
Did she get into a fight with someone? But when? She's at the cafe all day. And why was she covering up her bruises? Or maybe I just saw wrong but no, I know what I saw there was no way I saw wrong.

....
"One Americano, not too sweet please"

"Yep I got it."

"Thanks."

She walked to her table and I watched as always but this time I was sad and worried.

Buzz!!

Dang it's my phone I thought I turned it off.

I was about to ignore the call when I saw who it was. It was my little sister calling. Why was she calling? Did something bad happen at home.

I answered the call and she said that Mom had gotten worse.

I rushed home immediately.
...

I have been doing different jobs for the past 3 years trying to make enough money for my Mom's medical bills. The money Dad sends us is only enough to feed and dress us.
...

When I got home I saw Mom's right arm swollen and she said she was in sever pain.
I rushed to the pharmacy to get her something for the pain.

I stood in a long, slow moving line and when it was just about to be my turn, my little sister called to tell me that she had found some pills and that Mom drank them and slept so it was alright.

Relieved I turned to exit the line when I saw her long brown hair covering her beautiful face.
She must be here to get something to nurse all her bruises.

I smiled at her and made my way for the door when she pulled my left arm and asked me to wait for her.