Chapter 1

Helen Potter had an interesting summer this past year.

The fifteen year-old demi-god daughter of Zeus and legacy of Hecate (through her mother who had been Hecate's daughter) had returned to Camp Half-Blood at the beginning of summer to find that the pine tree that guarded the camp with some very impressive wards (which also happened to have once been her half-sister Thalia Grace) had been poisoned. The result was that the wards protecting the camp were failing. Being rather skilled in potions, despite what Professor Snape may say, she'd devoted the next few weeks trying to keep the tree alive.

In the meantime, Chiron was sacked as Camp Director, and Clarisse La Rue, Percy Jackson, and Annabeth Chase (children of Ares, Poseidon, and Athena respectively), along with a Cyclops son of Poseidon named Tyson, went on a quest to retrieve the Golden Fleece, in the hope that it's mystical healing properties could heal the three.

They succeeded in bringing back the Fleece, and it did heal the tree. But it also had the side effect of reviving her sister into a flesh and blood person once more.

Having gotten used to having Zeus' cabin to herself by this point, it had been an adjustment for her to suddenly have to share with a young girl she had only heard about. A girl that happened to be her sister.

The two daughters of Zeus managed to get along, and develop a relationship with one another. And though their taste varied, Helen could admit that she'd come to love her sister.

Besides, aside from their eye color and hairstyles (Helen kept her hair long and flowing and had emerald green eyes while Thalia had electric blue eyes and kept her hair short and spiky) they looked almost identical. Of course Thalia was taller, but Helen had larger breast.

So as she packed her trunk to return to Hogwarts for her fifth year of school, the young witch was actually a little reluctant to leave. It was nice to have a sibling, despite the rough patches.

Knowing that no one would come into the cabin without her or Thalia's permission, and knowing Thalia wouldn't go through her things, Helen decided to leave several non-essential items in the cabin.

Among these non-essential items was a ring.

It was a very special ring, as it was the mate to the Lord Potter's ring Helen wore on her hand. She'd received both on her thirteenth birthday, alone with notes from her mother and James, who had blood adopted her, making her heir to the Potter family. The Lord's ring marked her as head of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Potter, of which she was currently the only member. The Lady's ring would mark her husband, or wife if she went that route, should she marry. After that, depending on how many children she had, the Potter family would die out, merging with her spouses house, or continue.

Both rings possessed magic. They would occlude their wearer's minds, hide themselves when their wearer didn't want them seen, and allow the wearers to access the Potter Family Vaults, Manor, and Library. The Lord's ring also gave her control over the wards of the Manor, which she had thus far only been to for brief visits, preferring the company of others at Camp. She supposed that would change when she married though.

But the Lady's ring had some more unique magic. Enchanted by her past ancestors, it could only be worn by someone who loved the wearer of the Lord's ring. Just placing it on one's finger, and the ring accepting them, married the two through magic. It would also enforce their feelings, allowing their love to grow. This was done as a way to prevent adultery and divorce.

So putting the Lady's ring in her jewelry box, Helen continued packing.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

A Few Weeks Later

'This is perfect,' Hera thought as she materialized within her husband's cabin at Camp Half-Blood.