𝟸

The morning after, Shaun wakes up to the sound of ruffling clothes and as he opens his eyes, he sees Fallon buttoning up her pants while her shirt is on the floor, allowing him to see her rat tattoo on her ribcage. And apparently, he's staring for too long, because he gets that very shirt thrown at his face.

" Take a picture, it'll last longer," She comments, then leans forward to grab the t-shirt and rolls it over her body.

" Maybe I will," He smiles, then shakes his head and fakes a cough in order to drop it, " So, uh, we still on for tonight?"

" Yep, I'll be there after work," Fallon says as she pops on her boots and bends over to tie them, " Who's paying for the Uber this time?"

" Uh... Katy?" Shaun guesses, which only makes her scoff.

" Yeah right," She jests, then leans forward on the bed to plant a kiss on his lips, " See ya."

" See ya."

And as Fallon exits the garage, Shaun groans and flops back into bed as he covers his burning face with his hands while she begins the few-mile walk it'll take her to get to work. While Shaun does his morning pushups, Fallon grabs her morning coffee from the break room before she heads out to the garage.

" Morning, Mack," She greats as she takes her seat on a stool.

" Aren't those the same clothes from yesterday?" Her co-worker asks as he peaks over from underneath a car.

" Maybe," Fallon states, then nods toward the car he's working on, " What do we got?"

" 1970 Pontiac Le Mans," Mack responds as he grabs another tool from the red box, " 1,600 miles, original rebuilt V8 6.6 liter engine, automatic 7004 transmissions, 4 wheel 19-inch disc breaks."

" But she doesn't run?"

" But she doesn't run."

Fallon chugs the rest of her coffee before hopping off the stool, putting her hair up, and getting underneath the car to help Mack figure out what the problem could be, and fortunately, by the end of the day, she's up and running.

She says goodbye to her co-worker before heading out the door of the garage and walking back to her own apartment, where she's quick to hop in the shower to wash away all the sweat. She pulls the shower curtain back and steps onto the cool white and black tile as she wraps a towel around her body, then stands in front of the mirror and wipes away the steam so she can see her reflexion.

As Fallon's hair air-dries whilst she buttons up her black shirt, she gets a text from the other member of their trio.

[ beep beep ]

" It's open!" Fallon calls out as she slips on a pair of socks and her boots to follow.

She hears the sound of the front door opening and closes, and then sees them both standing in the kitchen as she steps out of her bedroom

" You look hot," Katy comments as she eyes her friend up and down.