i

𝗢𝗡𝗘! 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗖𝗥𝗜𝗣𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗘 𝗪𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚

𝗧𝗛𝗘 sweet sound of child-like giggles pierced through the air. Not long after the first giddy little hiccup the sound began to muffle. Previously, the silent night had been filled with anticipation as the soldiers lay in the damp and dewy grass. Disrupting the quiet was the sound of pure innocence, a striking contrast to the still, tense atmosphere that had hovered in the humid air. A toothy smile had appeared and seemed to have no intention of leaving its victim. Smiles like that were quite rare when on the front lines of war. 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝘽𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝘽𝙤𝙮 𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩! He giggled more. 𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩! Fellow soldiers hissed for him to be quiet, but he could not stop. Sweet giggles kept flowing even as his hand attempted to stifle the noise flowing from his mouth. 𝙎𝙝𝙪𝙩 𝙪𝙥! His accomplice urged, but he could not. Slowly, the pure sound morphed to those of possible insanity or madness, yet he did not notice. Laughing in the midst of war the boy continued to find the death hilarious, giggles building in his throat, spilling over and out into the night. He died of fright! How ironic! No matter how hard he tried, the stream of gleeful noises could not be cut off.

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦!
yes, this is a descriptive writing assignment that i used in class but i'm lowkey proud of it

also it's based on the short story "Charming Billy" but idk the author