1 - Distant

This took me way too long to write for a lot of reasons, so I tried to at least make it a longer chapter. I'm sorry I haven't been as active lately. Idk if I'll ever finish this book but I'll do my best. Sorry.

-🖤🖤🖤

Katsuki's POV:

I woke up with my head pounding and my body weak--something I was getting more and more used to lately. My vision was blurred and a bit dim, like things were still fading away even as I regained consciousness.

I was instantly hit with a sharp pain in my stomach, causing me to hunch over and cringe.

I really need to eat

Usually starving makes me feel accomplished

But now I just feel like shit

It feels like I'm dying

I sat up slowly and reached into my pocket, finding the two granola bars that Deku had forced me to take.

I'll just eat one

That shouldn't set me back too much

With my hands trembling to the point of numbness, I clumsily opened it and peeled the wrapper back. Desperately, I took one bite after another until it was gone. I was hardly even chewing it, and it took me less than a minute to eat the whole thing. I'd never been so hungry in my whole life.

As I was finishing the last bite, I aligned the ripped package to where I could read the label and examined it for a couple of minutes.

It is healthy I guess

So it should be fine

I crinkled it up and tossed it aside, sighing and staring down at the bed. I tried to ignore it, but now that I had started eating, my stomach was almost confused. It was growling, but I didn't know if I was still hungry or not.

I haven't eaten in so long

It feels strange

I crawled out of bed and stood up, feeling a bit dizzy as I did so. My vision dipped for a moment, causing my body to sway unsteadily as I grabbed the side of the bed to support myself. My head was heavy as I waited for it to return, sighing in frustration.

Once my vision was mostly restored, I shook it off and walked away. I went into the bathroom and flicked the lights on, standing in front of the mirror and studying my reflection for a long time.

I sighed and turned to the side a bit, making sure I hadn't gained any more fat from the last time I checked. I faced forwards and examined how I looked overall.

I didn't even notice I was losing muscle mass

I'll have to train more

Today's training was pathetic

I couldn't even run for ten minutes

But aside from cardio

I need to start lifting weights again

I think my bones are healed enough now

For the most part, at least

Despite that one minor issue, I was mostly satisfied with my progress so far. I definitely wasn't back to my best form yet, but I was getting there. It was painful, but I brought it on myself.

At the end of the day, I jumped off that overpass. Nobody forced me to. These are just the consequences of my actions, and I have to push past it. I'll starve for months before I let myself slip like that again.