16.

There is violence in this chapter

As I was hugging my dad I saw her behind us. She was standing in a white coat red lipstick and blond hair. She was younger that was clear, maybe 10 years younger than my dad? Of course he would replace my mother with someone like her don't all men usually go for younger prettier women?

I thought to myself asked myself if the woman in front of me was the reason my dad and mom left each other cause if so, well it better not be.

Evelyn made a coughing sound "So are you going to let me introduce myself to your daughter?"

Well I thought at least she isn't calling her my mother that's something

"of course, Miya this is Evelyn my wife and she is Ava and Jace's mother"

"yeah" I said "I've been told"

"It's very nice meet you darlin your father has been talking so much about you"

There was something about this woman I wanted to be pissed, wanted to tell her off let her know that she may have been the one to ruin my life, and broken my family to pieces but I couldn't she was kinder than I thought and I couldn't keep a hard facade against someone so kind?

I thought that I would meet Ava as well but apparently she was send to boarding school and didn't have time to come back home, to then go back. Also Jace who did have a room in the mansion would come and visit for some days and then leave, which is because he has his own apartment closer to the city.

We were still standing in the entrance when Zack who like my other brothers had looked at the reunion said "dad I have something important I want to talk with you about we can have the reunion continue at dinner"

And that was the last thing I heard when an explosion happened making my ears only hearing a ringing tone and shattered glass cut through my skin it felt warm, probably blood. The impact of the explosion made me land on the floor and even more broken glass cut through my skin.

Confusion - the only thing I felt in that moment and everything happened so fast I saw Evelyn laying on the floor not moving what the hell is happening?!

My dad and my brothers did not seem fazed and in instant they had taken out guns, where and did they have those I whispered? My breathing had become shallow.

"Xander you take care of Miya make sure nothing happens to her!" it was Zack, Xander had been the one standing closest to me and even before Zack had told him to look out for me Xander had covered me with his body.

Soon everything that could be heard were gun shots men in suits were shooting at us and the men around the mansion who I thought had looked weird had also pulled their guns trying to defend us.

Xander had pulled me over to the staircase so we could hide placing both his hands on my cheeks he looked at me "Miya hide behind here and don't dare to look everthing is going to be alright"

And with that Xander took his gun reloaded it and left me there behind the staircase only hearing gun shuts moments later nothing it was silent.

But then I heard sobs I stood up maybe I shouldn't have but I did - and saw everything. Men with bulletholes in their skulls blood painting the floor red and my brothers who stood around my father comforting him, and thats when I saw Evelyn her white coat was now red and she was dead.

Liam turned around and ran over to me in an instant "Miya are you okay, are you hurt?" I shook my head he hugged me "thank god"

Don't look weak I heard the voice in my head tell me, never look weak. The only thing I wanted to do in that moment was to freak out cry what the hell was this place? But I couldn't don't show your damn emotions you're the Lily.

I had been so busy focusing on not to cry or scream that I didn't realize the black dots that were starting to appear and moments later I saw nothing I could only feel the comforting strong arms around me making sure, I wasn't going to hit my head on the floor "you are going to be okay" someone said and I let myself drift away.