Development

Tomura POV

I looked up at my ceiling silently. I was bored. There was nothing to do other than lay here and think. For the last week, I've been stuck in my room playing games and even I need a break away from it sometimes. The only time I see Dad anymore is at dinner. 

I get that this NOMU project will play a critical role in getting Izuku back and I am in full support of it, but why isn't he spending time with me anymore? He still tells me updates but I can't even go with him to the lab or join him in meetings anymore. I sighed as I moved my arm to cover my eyes, blocking out any light from my vision. Maybe a nap will make me feel better.

So I lay there for about half an hour in silence trying to fall asleep. I wasn't tired but I didn't feel like moving either. My silence was broken by a knock on the door, I groaned but told whoever was on the other side to come time. "Master Tomura," Kurogiri said as he entered, causing me to groan again.

I still didn't know how to feel about the Nomu. He was nice enough and would listen to me ramble about Izuku of gaming, and he made some good food; but, I could help but feel weary of him for some reason. "I told you Kurogiri, calling Tomura is just fine." The mist gave a look of disgust as it was offended, "I couldn't possibly refer to my master so casually." 

I gave him an exasperated look, "Fine then from now on, we are no longer master and subordinate. We are friends, so you can call me Tomura and I'll call you Kurogiri." "But you father-" I cut him off when he tried to argue. "Dad gave you to me and he'll give me more subordinates in the future. Right now I just need a friend so that's gonna be you because no one else in this dump will talk to me." I huffed out by the end.

"As you wish M- Tomura." I gave Kurogiri a small smile but I could still see the stiffness in his figure. "How about this? When it is just the two of us we can refer and act casually to one another, but keep up the whole 'Master' nonsense when others are around." Kurogiri nodded, "I'd like that." 

I grinned again, "Okay, now come in here and we can figure out how friends work." Kurogiri was about to step in closer but then stopped, "Oh, but it's lunch time." I raised my eyebrow, "Huh?" I looked at the clock on my side table and it said 1:46 pm. "Oh, well I guess we can go eat first." I followed Kurogiri out of the room and down the hall towards the kitchen. 

"What would you like to eat today?" he asked as he got behind the counter and I sat on the stool. "Hmm. Have you tried Takoyaki before?" Kurogiri shook his head, "No, what is it?" I looked at him in shock, "Seriously?! This is awful! How do you not know what it is?! Okay, we need to make it right now so you can try it. It's my favorite food and I swear Kami herself blessed us mortals with it." 

The next 20 minutes were comprised of me listing ingredients and Kurogiri opening small portals to grab ingredients that we didn't have. I taught him how to make the batter and flip them in the pan so that they were perfectly round. It didn't take long for them to be done and when they finished I added the final touches of sauce and bonito flakes.

I popped one in my mouth and moaned at how good they were. "So good! Kurogiri, for your first time these are perfect. Your need to make them more!" There was a slight twinge of the mist when given the praise and I stabbed one of the takoyaki and raised it to Kurogiri, "Your turn to try it." He took the ball and ate it. He hummed and nodded, "It's good. I like the octopus." 

I laughed victorious, "Haha, I knew you'd like it!" We continued eating and chatting about different topics. There was a lot of stuff Kurogiri didn't know so I promised to teach him. In my head, I pinned it as practice for teaching Izuku when we rescued him. 

----With AFO-----

Third POV

Hisashi sat at his desk running a hand through his black hair. The time it was taking to get Izuku back was getting to be too long. Izuku was 13 now, almost 14. At this rate, the pros would be able to influence his son's mind easily. His watchdogs had been reporting good things about Izuku so far, however. He was making friends, learning about his quirk, and staying healthy.

Maybe when he took down the hero society, he'd spare the two heroes that had been taking care of his son and the other neko. He figured it would be the least he could do since they'd stepped in for him for a few years. That, and he was sure Izuku had made a strong connection to them and he didn't want to do anything to hurt his son.

He ran his hand through his hair again as he went over some paperwork. The NOMU project was advancing ever so slowly, but he could argue with progress. After Kurogiri, the doctor was having more physically complete Nomus. However, neither of them has found a quirk or chemical formula to truly make them subservient.

He is slowly growing his empire as well. There are many young villains popping up in the rougher neighborhoods, that he has his eye on with the intention of recruiting for Tomura's reign. His adopted son was still young, nowhere near his prime, and with that youth was inexperience. He needed molding and shaping. Training. 

Hisashi knew that he'd been spending less time with Tomura. He felt bad and kept insisting to himself that he'd make up all the lost time when he had both of his sons together. He knew Kurogiri could keep Tomura in line and entertained for the time being. He needed Izuku back. He lost him before even meeting him but even if he never met him personally, Hisashi needed his son back. And like any other parent, he'd go to great lengths to do it. 

It wasn't just about being reunited anymore, he'd made promises to Tomura, plans with the doctor, plans for a future. Hisashi had been alive for so long but had never gotten to enjoy a peaceful family. He'd spent his life going after the quirk that destroyed his family, going after the one who took away his chances of having a family. 

Everything he was doing to get Izuku back was for Tomura, his empire, and himself. The development of the NOMU project must accelerate in the next year so that he could finally have his perfect family. He lost his wife, but he gained a second son. He lost his first son, and he'd move hell to get him back. The heroes wouldn't know what hit them.

-------