Where it all started

Rubi's pov
"It's mine, you can't have it!" I look to my right to see a slightly taller man with his hand on the last panda bear plush. I look at him up and down and realize how close we are. I can't help but admire him, but before my mind wonders he speaks. "I don't see your name on it? So how could it be yours." He said with a very annoyed tone. His voice was husky but it matched his face very well. "I had it first therefor it's mine." I'm slightly annoyed at this point but for some reason his aura makes me want to let him have the panda plush. Before I let it go he starts talking again. "Actually I was here first and clearly I was the one to grab it first" He then yanks it towards him pulling me as well. I close my eyes prepared to hit the ground. But that doesn't happen? I open my eyes to see him staring at me, it seems as if theres almost a glint of worry in them. I apologize with my head down and he lets. I start to walk away, but before I can even make a full step he grabs my wrist. "Hey, I'm sorry I shouldn't have pulled the plush." He lets out a nervous giggle. "I-it's ok." I look away blushing from what I hope to be embarrassment. "No it's not, you could have gotten hurt." He says sternly yet kindly. I look at him and I swear I could see the galaxy in his eyes. "No no its ok." I pause for a sec unsure what to say. "I could have been nicer to you when I saw you grab the panda plush. You are right it doesn't have my name on it. I have wanted  this plush for a while and was finally able to get it after being busy." I said still embarrassed but more calm then before. "You can have it then." I look up surprised. "W-what? But I-" He cuts me off, "You've been waiting to get it a while now right?" "Y-yes, yes I have but what about you?" I ask unsure but happy he offered for me to take it. "I'll be fine, I was gonna get it for my little sister but I think she likes lions more then pandas anyways" He says while picking up the lion plush on the self next to him. "O-oh thank you so much!" I bow and turn away with the panda plush, grinning happily. He suddenly calls out causing me to turn again. "Hey! I was wondering if I could get your name..?" He asked unsure. I don't know if my eyes are wrong or not but it looks like theres a small tint of pink spread across his cheeks. "Oh um yeah! I'm Rubi, Rubi Moore." I say with a cheeky smile. "I'm Quill Sanders, nice to meet you Rubi." God hearing his name made me blush. Whats wrong with me?! "You as well Quill." I say feeling my cheeks burn up. "I have go go now, I have to go make dinner for me and my friends. I'll see you around!" I said quickly and turned to go check out.

A/N: I didn't proofread or edit any of this so sorry if its bad or doesn't make the best sense. Lemme know what you think of it though!! Like I said in the description I more than likely will not continue this but if I ever feel motivated to do so then I'll post it here! Have a great day and don't forget to eat and drink water<3
Word count: 625 words