Chapter 14

Y/n's pov

When I woke up, Steven was still underneath me. He wrapped his arm over me in a protective manner and his other hand was on my lower back. This made me smile. I would've expected he'd leave me by now but no, he stayed.

His snoring was a little irritating, though. I lay there, cherishing this moment as his chest rose and fell. 

The sun's rays entered through my window even brighter than before, showing the results of autumn's presence as it showed through the branches of trees with no leaves. 

I looked up at Steven. Still asleep. I should make us breakfast.

So I very slowly got out of bed and left the room. I stumbled a bit over to the stairs and raced down them, to the kitchen.

I have made multiple dishes before. Not that long ago, I went through a cooking phase. So it wasn't too hard to make something.

I made everything from scratch other than the pancake mix.

As I was stirring the batter, I felt two arms wrap around my waist. The familiar head of hair rested on my shoulder. I couldn't help but smile.

"Well, at least some of them showed up. What're you making?"

"Pancakes! Are you allergic to anything?" He shook his head.

"What do you want to do today, gorgeous? If you can even walk." 

I giggled at his statement and pecked his cheek. 

"I need to get more clothes. Do you guys have a mall here?"

"Yeah. Want me to take you?"

"Of course. I wanna know where you're getting these clothes."

He smiled and kissed my cheek before unraveling his arms. "Where are you going?"

"To get some clothes out of my car. I'll be back, don't worry." He stepped out and left the door open.  It didn't take him long to step back inside, though.

I watched him go into the bathroom that was downstairs. By the time he came out, I finished everything and was cleaning the dishes. He walked into the dining room while fixing his hair and I gave him a plate before sitting down next to him.

"What have you been doing without me?"

"Sleeping. Eating..."

"Nothing else?"

"You wouldn't believe me."

"Why not? What'd you do?"

"Just talking to someone..." I picked at my food and saw him smirk out of the corner of my eye.

"You cook?"

"Ehh... What about you?"

"I cook. I take culinary classes."

"Oh. Lucky. Is it good??" He smiled.

"Yes, it is." 

"Yes..." 

∆∆∆∆∆

We were walking around the mall with bags in hand. I wanted to go into every store I saw but resisted and only went into the ones I REALLY wanted to go in.

"Y/n." 

"Hmm?" I looked in Steven's direction and he was smiling, looking at one of the mannequins with a lingerie set on. He looked at me and laughed at my expression.

"I'll buy it for you~"

"You aren't tempting, Steven. We're here for school."

"But I'm here for you as well. I think you'd look good in that color." I rolled my eyes and looked elsewhere. "Just a thought."

"I'm not there yet."

"Well hurry up." I bumped into him playfully and he chuckled before grabbing my arm. We went into a few more stores before putting the bags in the car. 

He closed the trunk and I was leaning against the car, waiting for him. It was quiet for a few seconds as he looked me up and down.

 "Do you have clothes for the winter? We should get them now."

"Does it snow here?" He gave me a confused look and grabbed my hand. 

"Of course it does."

"I hate snow..."

"Why so? I think it's fun."

"That's because you're used to it. I've encountered snow at max 2 times."

"Well, that number's about to change. Dramatically."

∆∆∆∆∆

He helped me bring the bags back inside. We put them in the living room and took everything out of them, sorting out whose clothes are whose.

"Okay, I think we're done. Want to go out for lunch?" 

I nodded. He helped me up and we left everything in the living room for later. We went to our favorite spot and ate while telling jokes. Which was a really bad idea since we almost choked multiple times.

After a while, we went back home. He followed me up to my room and pushed me onto the bed before kissing my cheek.

"You wanna go again?" I sighed and shook my head.

"I got school tomorrow, Steven. Maybe Friday?" He rolled his eyes jokingly and smiled.

"A maybe is all I get?"

"It can be a no~"

"Whatever. I'm gonna go now. Take care of yourself." He place another kiss on my nose and got up to leave. I jumped up and hugged him.

"Bye, Steven." I kissed his cheek and he smiled as we went back and forth with the kisses. 

"Okay, but seriously. I gotta get ready for tomorrow." I laughed and he left. 

I sat back down on my bed and checked my phone. The thought of him made me smile as I scrolled through my camera roll. I took a bunch of pictures as we were hanging out today and from the party.

For the rest of the day, I spent it cleaning my room and preparing an outfit for tomorrow.