CHAPTER III

Over the past few weeks, I hadn't seen much of Sebastian due to all of the interviews he had been doing for newspapers. His biggest one had been for the Daily Prophet and they'd taken such a remarkable picture of him.

It had cost me a lot of galleons, but to have it standing there on my nightstand... It reminded me that he was participating in the tournament, but also on the other hand, he looked so dapper and handsome. I couldn't believe that he was mine to have and to keep.

Roaming the halls of Hogwarts before my potions class with Ominis by my side, was different. Usually, Sebastian was always there to accompany us and the both of them were often squabbling about the silliest of things. But now, it was only Ominis. And silence.

A sigh fell from my lips and he stopped dead in his tracks, leaving me to turn around a few feet away from him. "Ominis?" I voiced quietly and I could see him pursing his lips in thought. The both of us had been racking our brains about what the first challenge could be. It cannot be easy considering the nature of the tournament and Headmaster Black mentioning that people have lost their lives in these tournaments before.

"I cannot help but wonder," he began, pacing back and forth without his wand and for a moment, I was worried he'd be bumping into other students on their way to their respective classes. "Ominis watch out-" I spoke in a hurried murmur before pulling him to the side. An angry look already being shot at him by a Gryffindor student.

"I do not need assistance, Clara. I am perfectly capable of handling myself." He announced, my eyes dropping for a moment. I had always been protective of Ominis, ever since I got to know him. Worried for him due to his condition and helped him with writing his essays which had to be turned in. He'd always been very appreciative though now, it seemed as if he wasn't too pleased with my trying to help him not make any more enemies than he already had.

Over the Summer between fifth and sixth year, word had gotten out about how the Gaunts had been responsible for many Muggles going missing and returning in an utter state of shock. What with them using the Cruciatus curse on them. And Ominis had received a lot of backlash from it as some students' parents had fallen victim to the Gaunt family.

And him having an attitude was definitely not helping. "Ominis, you need to calm down-" I started but a frustrated groan was heard. "I needn't do anything! What I need from you is to stop supporting and being proud of Sebastian! Do you not see what he is doing- Again!? We should have turned him in when we had the chance!"

For a moment there, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I gulped and felt tears brimming at my eyes, students in the hallway stopping in their tracks turning around to see what the commotion was with Ominis shouting. "Don't you all have classes to be!?" He then yelled insistently, having all the students rush off.

"Quick, quick, before he casts Crucio on us," a Ravenclaw student uttered to his friend and I turned around, a sudden helpless feeling of rage casting over me. "What did you say?" I called out, my wand at the ready and having the Ravenclaw student turn himself around.

"Oh, you heard what I said. We know what a messed up family those Gaunts are."
I could feel my blood begin to boil and Ominis was about to voice something but I couldn't help it. "Levioso!" I voiced, my want aimed at the student and watching him rise into the air. "You shan't make accusations and assumptions about things you do not know anything about!" I yelled, my hands trembling with range. "Depulso!"

With my speaking that incantation, watching the student fly into a nearby wall, I could feel a warm and familiar hand on my shoulder. "Clara," he spoke, feeling my wand fall from my hand as I recognised that voice. "Enough."

Taking a step back and watching the Ravenclaw student hop to his feet, wand at the ready to retaliate, though Sebastian stepped in front of me. "If you dare touch her or him, I will make sure you won't see the light of day again." I could feel my heart drop- Had I really just harmed a student? Granted, he had been speaking ill of Ominis, who was one of my closest friends. But still... I stared at my hands in disbelief and I heard Ominis clear his throat, a hand of his wrapping itself around my wrist.