What is clipping path and clipping path steps

Clipping path is a technique used in graphic design and image editing to isolate an object or subject from its original background. This is done by creating a closed vector path around the subject using a software tool such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or other photo editing software. The path then acts as a mask, which can be used to separate the subject from the background and apply different effects, filters, or edits to the subject alone.

Clipping path is commonly used in product photography, advertising, and e-commerce where objects need to be placed on different backgrounds or used in other designs without their original background. It can also be used for photo restoration or image manipulation to remove or replace unwanted objects from an image.

Here are the steps to create a clipping path in Adobe Photoshop:

Open the image you want to edit in Photoshop.

Select the Pen Tool from the toolbar.

Zoom in on the object you want to clip.

Begin tracing the outline of the object with the Pen Tool, creating smooth curves by adding anchor points as needed.

Complete the path by connecting the last anchor point to the first one.

Right-click on the path and select "Make Selection".

Choose the desired Feather Radius, if any, to soften the edges of the selection.

Click "OK" to apply the selection as a clipping path.

Alternatively, you can use other selection tools such as the Magic Wand or Quick Selection Tool to make a selection around the object and then convert the selection to a clipping path. However, this method may not produce as precise a result as using the Pen Tool.

Once the clipping path is created, it can be saved as a separate file or used to place the object on a new background. To place the object on a new background, create a new layer and move it below the layer with the clipped object. The object will now appear on the new background without its original background. Visit: https://www.clippathservices.com/