two.

•°. *࿐

CORDELIA sat in her room, reading lolita, she was about 20 chapters in when she heard a car pulling into the drive.

it's otis coming home.

she couldn't help but jump out of bed and slip on her pink slippers that ironically matched her dainty short pink pjs.

she ran down the stairs, immediately opening the front door and walking out, the breeze of the night hitting her bare legs causing her to shiver.

she watched as Shane, Rick's friend, walked out of the jeep, but no otis.

her heart sunk.

everyone else except Patricia and Carl came out to see.

"Carl?" Shane asked Rick

"there's still a chance." Rick nodded

Hershel took the supplies before noticing Otis was missing, causing him to pause.

"oti?" cordelia muttered, her bottom lip quivering.

Shane looked down in guilt "no."

cordelia let out a sob, hiding her face in Maggie's chest, Maggie rubbing her back while she held back her own cry.

"we say nothing to Patricia, not till after, I need her." Hershel sighed, walking away.

there was a moment of silence, the only thing to be heard was Cordelia's sniffles.

"go upstairs elia, stay with beth tonight." Maggie muttered as she stroked Cordelia's hair.

cordelia nodded, running back to the house and patting her way upstairs to Beth's room, she opened the door while wiping away a stray tear.

"el? what's wrong?" beth sat up on her beth swiftly once she noticed her sister's distressed state.

"oti, he-" cordelia let out another sob, covering her mouth.

"oh God." beth muttered, standing up off the bed and taking Cordelia into a hug, Cordelia's small arms wrapping around her.

"you can stay with me tonight." beth kissed the top of cordelias head, giving her a sad smile.

at the end of the day Cordelia was way too young for this stuff, her father, Hershel, was telling them that it was just an illness and that someone would make a cure and there mother that was rotting in the barn would be better in no time.

cordelia prayed that it was true, she really did, but she had a gut feeling that it was something bad, almost like her mother was already dead long ago.

but who was she to say anything? she was just a kid.

•°. *࿐