Chapter 8

Life was... Normal... which was big for Kim... so big that he didn't know what to do with himself anymore..

He was currently looking throughout a magazine, picking décor and furniture for what would be their study... it warmed his heart to no end... that Kamol wanted him in his sight all the time.. not in a possessive way.. but in the way of a man who doesn't want to be apart from his other half.. his better half as Kamol likes to point out..

Kim found himself doing the same thing.. He would just ask Kamol to sit with him while he cooked... or while he read.. he didn't notice till Khom joked that they should handcuff their hands together and spare themselves the trouble, which got him a laugh out of Kim and a scrawl out of Kamol..

"That reminds me, when was the last time you took Baiboon on a date, Khom?"

Khom colored slightly, which made Kim laugh harder, both the boss and the subordinate were amusing in the way they tried to hide their fondness of their partners..

"I have been busy..."

"Busy you say ? then how about double dating tonight.. Kim can pick the restaurant and I am sure Baiboon won't mind..."

"But.. "

"No, Buts... prepare yourself... and let Baiboon know that, when you pick him up from school..."

Khom huffed but there was no heat in it, it was more for show.. he must be happy at the chance to go on a date with Baiboon. despite being supervised with Baiboon impromptu Parents as Khom likes to call them..

Kim kept smiling for a while and shook his head in amusement, he sobered a bit when he remembered why he was looking for Kamol in the first place..

"I talked to my parents..."

that got Kamol's attention..

"and ?"

"They invited us to lunch a couple of days from now.. they want to meet and get to know you.. I agreed.. I didn't think that you would mind... Do you ?"

Kamol smiled at him

"No love, I don't... You will just have to tutor me about them, I would hate to embarrass you.."

Kim dropped a kiss on his cheek...

"You are a very proper man, Mr. Kamol. No way you would embarrass me.."

"If you say so.. What do you think of our impromptu date tonight though... "

"I don't mind... we have been home since we came back and a date would be a bit of a sweet change.."

"I am glad you're on board.."

Kim hummed in appreciation and rested his head on Kamol's shoulder... he was glad what life has turned into.. scared of some aspects of it... sure... but glad nonetheless..

he still jerked awake from nightmares occasionally, but they were no longer intense and awful.. and Kamol would always be there, would always soothe and hug him, it was a paradise he didn't know he could have.. and despite being puzzled at Kamol being at home all the time.. he didn't care in the least..

-----

Kamol knew he was being watched which meant that for the most part he was supposed not to draw attention to them...

He made it his mission to make sure Kim is adapting well to their new life, without a single hitch... the other Day, Itt and salamon came to visit and it was heartwarming to see Kim play with the Boy and Itt around the garden.. they were making soap bubbles and it looked so cute... so cute that couldn't help but join in and blow some bubbles for Kim and Salmon to play with.. which got a loud laugh out of Kim when they burst too quickly because Kamol didn't know how to do it properly..