Chapter 1

I was at Midtown High helping set up the auditorium with Lizz. I then saw Alistair walk by so I followed.
          "Hey, Alistair!" I yelled.
          "Yea?" He asked as he turned around.
          "Could you help Lizz and I set up the auditorium? Peter never showed up." I asked.
          "Sure anything for you." He said.
          "Thanks." I smiled.

          Later Alistair and I were walking down to the science room with his dad. As we walked in I saw my brother. Alistair jumped over the table and sat on it, while I just walked around.
          "Peter, where were you?" I asked.
          "Sorry little sis, I was running late, so I decided to catch up on some homework." He smiled sheepishly.
          "Anyways, how awesome is it that there is a school specifically for geniuses, and that they're coming here for recruits?" Randy said.
          "It can't be that good if that snob Harry Osborn got in." Alistair said.
          "Alistair, Harry is still my friend, be nice." I nudged him.
          "Sorry, (Y/N), what ever you say." He said with a smug look on his face as he wrapped his arm around my waist. I could see Peter glaring at Alistair. "Anyway's as I was saying. As far as I can tell, Horizon High is on par with a 4H club." Alistair continued.
"Exactly. If the four H's are hardworking heroes who help." Peter said trying to prove Alistair wrong as he stood proudly.
"One of your H's is a W, big brother. I stated as Liz and I both face palmed.
"Hey, I'm a science geek, not a spelling geek." Parker said. "And Alistair, get your hand off my little sister." Peter glared.
Alistair slid his hand away and I rolled my eyes. Why does he have to be so overprotective over me. I thought.
"Well, if horizon High is legit, then Alistair Smythe is sure to be invited in next." Alistair gloated as he got off the table. I giggled a little. "What?" He asked.
"Nothing." I waved him off.
"You're too good for them, son." Mr. Smythe started. "Max Modell is an overrated lab assistant. I knew him back in the day, and he's a fraud." He continued.
"Whatever you say, Mr Smythe." Peter said as the joy left his eyes.
"Oh, it's 9:00. We should be starting. Liz stated as her alarm when off.

We all went to the auditorium and took our seats, Alistair, Peter, and I all sat together, me being in the middle. Liz was announcing about Max Modell when I heard Alistair say something glumly.
"What was that?" I asked.
"Oh, nothing." He smiled, he then put his arm around my shoulder after he loaded his spit wad.
"Ladies and gentlemen." Liz said as I tuned back to what she was saying. "I give you Max Modell from Horizon High." She finished, almost everyone cheered when Max stepped forward.
"Max Modell!" Peter whistled.
"Ow, Peter, you know I have sensitive ears." I stated as I covered them.
"Sorry." He sheepishly apologized.
"You know, I could spend a lot of time talking about the cool things we're doing over a Horizon High."
Alistair fired a shot before I could stop him. "Alistair!" I whisper-yelled. Fortunately it was only a hologram.

"What?" He questioned. Everyone glared at him.
"Like I said, I could talk about them." Max appeared right in front of us, scarring us to the point where I cling to Alistair's arm.
"But I'd rather show you instead." Max stated as he walked to the stage. "With our new hologram prototype." He said. Everyone murmured all excited, accept for Alistair. "Created by the fertile minds at Horizon High. Where I'm excited to say, we have one last slot that needs to be filled this semester." He finished.
Peter rose his hand then put it back down with a frown on his face. I patted Peter's shoulder to console him.
"Well, it's not that simple." Max started. "You see, in order to be a student at Horizon, you have to have a certain kind of intellect." He threw something on the stage and a hologram appeared with an equation on it. "An intellect that can solve an equation like this, for example." He said.
Peter muttered to himself as he wrote something down.
"An intellect like Anya Corazón or Miles Morales. Students at Horizon who specialize in elemental physics." He stated. After a few seconds they walked out from behind the curtain and onto the stage.