𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧: 𝙬𝙚'𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙣.

☆

𝗚𝗘𝗡: 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘢 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘥𝘢𝘺.

i tossed and turned in bed for about an hour before deciding to finally push myself out and force the grogginess out of my body. when i walked passed karen's door i saw her on top of the covers wearing the clothes she had on the night before. karen could party like crazy, thankfully she only touched alcohol and occasionally weed.

i on the other hand was going back to our small house when we weren't touring or back to the hotel room while on tour, and slipping myself into my pj's. i was a light weight, so i stuck to drinking only when we were close to home and i could guarantee that i would get home safely. i would still go out and party obviously, let loose and flirt with guys or dance, only stopping when a creep tried to put his hands on my waist.

i tried to stay out as long as karen just to make sure she got back safe but it's kinda hard to watch her when she's making out and going even further with some guy. i don't want my own free porno, no thanks. so, i gave her a taser to carry around. don't ask where i bought it, i don't really want to relive it.

after standing in the door for a beat longer, i padded down the hallway and into our tiny makeshift kitchen with cluttered pans and pots, with grime growing. we tried to keep it as clean as possible, but it's hard. two girls on the road constantly were trying their best and that's just about all that mattered.

𝗞𝗔𝗥𝗘𝗡: 𝘸𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘢 𝘧𝘦𝘸 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳, 𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘫𝘰𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮. 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 '𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘺' 𝘢𝘴 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘩𝘢𝘮 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵.
𝘪 𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘶𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥, 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯.

the sound of sizzling was all i could hear as i wafted around the kitchen humming softly. some ABBA record was on and while karen might've been all rock n roll, i personally would've loved to cover them. "karen i'm not quite sure how long to cook this!"

the phone had rang and karen was leant up against the doorway talking to whoever was on the other line. "it'll be fine." she turned the phone away from her mouth to speak to me in a way that was condescending, like a mother talking to a child.

i furrowed my eyebrows before turning back around to the food. karen mumbled lowly into the phone, requesting to speak to someone's girlfriend.

she turned around and made eye contact with me, "how do you feel about the dunne brothers?" my brows raised in confusion, "they're good." then she turned back to the phone saying something along the lines of "we're in." then hanging up.

"what was that about?" she walked over to me and wrapped herself around me, a tell tale sign that she wanted something because karen was never too keen on physical touch. "so.. i might've gotten us in with the dunne brothers."

"what?" i almost dropped the pan, forcing her off of me so i could turn around to face her. "what do you mean you got us in? like we're touring with them?" she backed up a little and fidgeted with her back pockets, "no. like we're apart of their band now.."

my face dropped in utter shock. "i know. i'm sorry that i didn't ask you but i mean-" i shook my head wildly and cut her off, "you got us in with them?"

she stared at me shocked, "yeah?" i let out a laugh and wrapped my arms around her. "we're gonna be huge." the blonde pulled back to shoot me a puzzled look. "you think so?"

"i mean yeah! they expand our audience- and they've got great talent." i could see karen breaking down what i was saying, "yeah. they do."

"oh my god kar, we're in!"

𝗚𝗘𝗡: 𝘪 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘶𝘱𝘴𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮.. 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘪 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦. 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘫𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘪𝘨 (𝘱𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘴) 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘩𝘢𝘮 𝘥𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥.

when karen and i showed up to the house a week later the scene we walked into was not great. warren was dressed as a pirate, eddie in a dress with pearls around his neck, and graham in tighty whiteys all playing with fake swords.

we stood in the doorway. confused looks on all of our faces and an embarrassed look on grahams as he covered his junk. a bitter feeling arose in my stomach, hoping that i had made the right choice by agreeing to this. the last thing karen and i needed was to agree to some band that wasn't serious.

"it'll be fine.. they just aren't used to women." she mumbled in my direction as we turned to go down a very short hallway.

the house smelt like mildew, mixed with weed and some other weird smell that was sour. it looked like it hadn't been touched since the 50's, with a dust coating on everything in the house.

𝗞𝗔𝗥𝗘𝗡: 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦.. 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵.

"just take this one i guess?" i pointed to a bedroom off the living room and we walked towards it. throwing our bags on the bed when we got in there.

i looked around the room before camila came knocking. "hi." her sweet smile made me force an assuring grin that toppled at the edges.

"wow." karen spoke with mock affection. "i know. none of the boys would touch this room so we decided to give it to you. hope you don't mind sharing for a little."

"is it haunted?" i couldn't help the question rolling off my lips. "yeah," the brunette spoke flatly. "oh god." my nose scrunched as i glanced around.

𝗞𝗔𝗥𝗘𝗡: 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘨 𝘰𝘯 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘱 𝘴𝘰.. 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨.

𝗚𝗘𝗡: 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨.

☆☆☆

just a little psa some things have changed from the book just to fit the tv series plot !!