Run

Day 19

I woke up and saw Jeremy checking Rose's things.
,,We have decent amount of food and drink. One backpack, another two knifes, a gun with five bullets and a bandage." Jeremy said and I nodded. ,,Nice. Everyone can take one knife." I said and they agreed. I took one and put it into my belt. ,,Lets eat something." Maya said and took a little piece of another slice of bread. I took another one and Jeremy did too. We were trying to find some other things in the underground when we heard voices. We were very close to them and I knew who was it. ,,Dabria and Erix..." I whispered and they nodded. We tried to find some way away from them, because they had way better weapons. I grabbed the gun and put two bullets in it. We ran and then I heard someone behind me. I quickly turned around and pointed the gun at them. ,,Hello friends!" Dabria shouted and was holding Glint's old axe. She threw it at us and we ran away. They were following us and I was running till I didn't hear them anymore. I sat to the ground and rested. Wait...where is Maya and Jers? I stood up and kept the gun in my hand. I hoped that Dabria and Erix didn't kill them. I grabbed something that was in my pocket. It wasn't the ring, but a necklace with the flower petal on it. It was black. It was Neal's petal and Maya probably put it into my pocket when I was asleep. I put it on my wrist and then tried to find Megan's ring. I found it in my other pocket and watched it. Then I decided I'll find the others. I walked for a while and tried to find them, but I still couldn't. I started to worry even more and then glanced at the ceiling when the Capitol music started playing. Susan's face appeared and I realized she was the first one who injured me in the arena. She stabbed me in my leg and then pushed me from a tree. I was happy that Jers and Maya are safe and alive. I continued walking and didn't sleep at all. I counted all of the tributes that died and realized there is only me, Jers, Maya, Dabria, Erix and Ellis from district 3. 18 dead and 6 alive. How could this happen in 19 days?

Day 20

I walked the whole night and
tried to find my allies. I sometimes heard some sounds and went away from it, because they were just mutts. I sometimes noticed the black insects with red eyes, sitting on walls and ceilings. I finally heard something. I heard steps running to me. I turned around and saw Jeremy running to me. ,,LIAN! RUN!" He shouted and I looked at him confused. My eyes widened as I saw a giant squirell running to us. It looked kinda like the rabbit, but it was a squirell. I remembered that Miles said something about some gint ferret and we already saw rabbit and squirell, so I guess these are some mutts.
,,Where will we run?!" I asked Jers as we were trying to run away from the squirell. The monster was really fast and I was sure it will easily catch us in any moment. Jeremy grabbed my arm and jumped into some crack in a wall. We were inside of it and the Squirell angrily roared and tried to get to us. I was kinda scared, but then it gave up and ran away. I sighed relieved and Jeremy hugged me. ,,I'm so happy to see you Lian." He said as we hugged and I messed up his hair. ,,Me too. Now lets find Maya." I said and put the gun I was holding into my belt. We got out of the crack and tried to find Maya. We were walking for a while now and Jeremy handed me a piece of some cake. ,,Rose had a cake?" I asked and Jers chuckled. ,,She was from district 1 what did you expect?" He said and I grinned. ,,C'mon." I said and continued walking. I almost fell as I tripped over something. I glanced at the ground and screamed. I fell to me knees and my eyes filled with tears. Maya was lifelessly lying on the ground with her dead eyes open and bloody body. I couldn't say or do anything. Neal died and now Maya? I screamed in pain and noticed that Jeremy is hugging me and crying.
I pushed him and took the gun out of my belt. I put it to my forehead and put my finger on the trigger. ,,LIAN NO!" Jeremy shouted and pushed the gun out of my hand. He grabbed my shoulders and looked into my eyes. I couldn't see him, because of my blurry vision and my eyes filled with tears. He was saying something, but I didn't recognized the words. I just heard the sadness and despair in his voice. I fell to my knees again and he knelt to me. He hugged me and I hugged him back. I didn't know for how long I was crying, but Capitol music finally woke me up. I sat down to Maya and took her necklace with now black petal. I put it on my neck and sang the song I sang to her when she was injured. The song that she sang to me when I couldn't fall asleep. Now this song will remind me of Maya for the rest of my life. When I sang the whole song, I realized that her wounds looked like someone bit her badly and then destroy the rest of her body. I drew my eyebrows together and looked at her dead body with my dead stare. ,,Dabria...." I said throught my gripped teeth and Jeremy glanced at me confused. ,,Why do you think so?" He asked and I chuckled. ,,No I don't think so. I know." I said and stood up. ,,You're going to die for this...." I said and glanced at the ceiling. ,,Do you enjoy this? Yeah very funny. Watching kids killing themselves and crying over dead bodied of their friends. You're not that powerfull as you think. Anger is way more powerfull and when you'll make all of your people angry, you're dead...." I said throught my gripped teeth angrily and glanced at the nearest camera. I grabbed the gun from the ground and shot the camera. I slowly put the gun down and stared at the desroyed camera. ,,Wow. You hit the little dot. I almost didn't notice it..." Jers said and I ignored him. ,,Who cares. No one does." I said and Jeremy raised his eyebrows. ,,Okay..." He said and grabbed our things. I grabbed some things too and we continued walking. I stopped and turned around to see the silver crane grabbing Maya's body. I ran to it and shot the crane with my last bullets. The crane crashed and I took Maya's body to some small cave.
I didn't have the power to bury her. We walked away without talking.