surprise!

An alarm goes off as I wake up for another day of online school. I get up and see my beloved Dabi plushie. It's comforting seeing my favorite character every morning. I check the date. It's my birthday! Happy birthday to me. I open my phone to see many birthday wishes from my friends and family, but one sticks out in particular.

Tiarah
Happy birthday A

Carter's making a surprise for you 💀

Oh no. I don't exactly know what she's going on about, but it's deeply concerning.

There are a few minutes before school starts, so I decide to log in to Project Sekai and see my favorite characters before an inevitably boring school day.

I open the app to see some noticeable changes, for example now Rui is on the title screen. Probably because of the new update, whatever.

I realize how much time has passed, and oh, shit, I'm late to class! I quickly log on and profusely apologize for my lateness.

~End of the day~

Oh, wow. Another very eventful school day. I'll see if Carter and them are out of school yet.

A
Are you guys out of school yet?

Carter
yeah we are

still making that surprise 🤭

A
I'm scared

This isn't good. What could the surprise be? I don't like this. I'll just play some Project Sekai to calm down. As I load up "Becoming Potatoes" I notice that it's a Rui solo cover. That's weird, I thought they didn't make a Rui solo of this song. Suddenly, a flash of light knocks me on the ground. Apparently I passed out, because I woke up and saw a certain purple-and-blue haired man standing above me.

"Oya, what's this?"

I couldn't believe it. Rui Kamishiro, standing in my room right there with me.

"Hello, (A's name)-kun."

"H-Hello, Kamishiro-san."

I knew that you shouldn't call people by their first name when you meet them, so I called him by his last.

"Oh, drop the formalities. Call me Rui."

"Hi, Rui."

"Hello. Happy birthday."

"H-How do you know it's my birthday?"

"Why do you think I'm here? I love you, (A's name)-kun, and wanted to spend my beloved's birthday with her."

"How do you even know me? It's not like you're a real person that knows who I am."

At this point, I thought for sure I was hallucinating. There's no way that Rui Kamishiro, the director of Wonderlands x Showtime was in my room. Project Sekai isn't real, and neither is Rui, or Tsukasa, or any Project Sekai character, for that matter. On the off chance that I'm not hallucinating and Rui is actually in my room, I need to make sure.

"Are you actually Rui?"

"Why would I not be?"

"Prove it."

"Alright then."

He opened up his phone and showed me some pictures. These were pictures of his friends, Emu, Nene, Tsukasa... but they all looked real. Like they were taken in real life.

"Alright, you've convinced me." 

I started walking around my room trying to process the fact that possibly the hottest person to ever exist was in my room staring at me when I tripped over my Dabi plushie and fell on the floor.

"Are you okay?" Rui said as he put a loving arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah," I said, blushing a little.

"Alright, I'm tired. I'll be taking a nap."

"Why can't I come with you?"

At this point, I was freaking out. Rui Kamishiro, offering to sleep with me? This was the craziest thing ever. My mind was going a thousand miles a second. What if somebody comes in my room? Am I actually hallucinating? Eventually, I settled on an answer.

"S-Sure."

We both got into bed, and I immediately starting getting tired. The last thing I remember before drifting off was Rui singing some song as I fell asleep in his arms.

~Several hours later~

I woke up a couple hours later to find myself in an empty bed, with no Rui to be found in sight.

Across from my bed was a note, that read:

I had to go. Love you - R

Damn. The hottest person to ever exist just left me. I went on my phone to see a notification.

"Creator of the Kagamines assassinated in Shibuya apartment."

That's sad. Time for another day of school.

Another notification pops up on my phone. It's from Carter.

Carter
Did you enjoy the surprise 💀

Well I'll be. He planned this.

Author Notes:

why he ourple

Happy birthday A!!! Hope you had a wonderful day today. I'm sorry 💀

Every sentence I wrote was more cringe than the last I regret so many things

Thanks to MikanTsu827 for reading this and laughing a lot Awesomeboyz255 for being the inspiration for this story.

Yes that was an echoes of noir reference at the end :D