Chapter Four

Mila had to use the restroom. She came out of Selena's room and walked to the bathroom, turned on the light and stopped when she heard a door open. She looked down the hallway to see Evan coming out.

"Hey." He whispered.

She smiled weakly at him. "Hey."

"You gonna use the bathroom?" he asked walking up next to her.

Stopping right beside her, she can smell a masculine fragrance on him. She recognized it being popular among the teenage boys. It smelt good on him.

"Yeah, I'll just be a moment."

"Wait." He suddenly said looking to be a bit embarrassed about something.

He crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame. "I was kinda wondering about something...actually, I've been thinking about it all day."

She looked at him with a curious expression wondering just what it was he was up too. It was quiet in the house and the only light available was the bathroom.

"What is it?" She whispered.

They inched a little closer, so they didn't have to speak too loudly afraid they'll wake the siblings. Mila's heart spiked at how close he had become and felt a little nervous and jittery all the sudden. She tried to control the fast breathing that instantly overcame her, and she wished that there was a little distance between the two of them, afraid he might notice her state.

"Well, I can better show you than actually telling you." He had the tiniest smirks on his face.

She frowned just a bit not sure where he was getting at. Just what exactly was it he needed to show her? As far as she knew he didn't have anything on hand. So, she was kind of confused.

"Okay." She hesitantly said.

Evan smiled even more and before she knew what he was really going to do he leaned forward. Then the realization came full force that he was going to kiss her right there in the middle of the night in front of the bathroom door. With her heart pounding, her stomach full of butterflies, she tensed up and right before the second his lips were going to touch hers; they heard a door open down the hall and the harsh firm words,

"What the hell is going on?"

Jared stared at them. He had wondered what was going on when Evan had gotten up out of bed and some whispering sounded in the hallway. When he realized it was Mila, he became highly curious and a little well...jealous. Against his better judgment of himself he put his ear against the door and eavesdropped on what they were saying. When he heard that Evan had something to show her anger rose in him thinking the worst, it wouldn't have been the first time that his best friend tricked a girl when he had to show her something and the poor females fell for it. Evan always thought it was hilarious, so afraid he was about to do it to Mila drove him to jerk the door open. But what he saw made him even angrier.

"Going a bit young aren't you Evan? I mean she's like what twelve, thirteen years old?" he bit out knowing damn well how old she really was.

Her cheeks flamed at that. "I happen to be fourteen." She clenched out with a little anger.

Evan couldn't help the smile he placed at Jared. "Do you mind going away Jared, me and Mila here were discussing something important."

He raised his brow at him. "Oh really?"

They stared at each other with something almost of a challenge. She looked between the two of them not really liking what was going on at that moment.

Then Jared broke the silence. "Well, don't mind me, have at it." He said almost carelessly.