VII-B (LIII-B). A Night Filled With Screams 🌌

Out of the Harvest Festival's terrain of greenery and wildlife, a tent emitted light as the first night of the festival had drawn in. While for contestants inside where perhaps solo-hunting with creeps and anxiety, the professors became extremely busy because Night One of the Harvest Festival always leads to high rates of forfeits and injuries. From getting wrapped in the tails of Nest Squirrels and wild goose chases initiated by Steak Bats, to Bird-Head Grass nearly feasting on students, competitors were physically weaker and their judgement was clouded from moving around so much during daylight- to such extents makes the night inescapable for the weakened.

From the professors' tent, Dali was notably terrified that students faced near-death situations and end up announcing withdrawals from the competition. When that is announced, it obviously doesn't count for points when in the hands of magical beasts getting annihilated by some of the most powerful instructors Babyls has below Sullivan's level. Well, that's at least if someone isn't stupid enough to fall for the tricks of the cunning predators of dark. But Kalego wasn't very happy about it.

"For Devi's sake, it's absurd that even I have to enter the field." He commented with annoyance through telepathic communication.

"Now, now. Don't be like that..." Responded Blushenko, who was placed in the rescue squad to heal the injured using his Semipermanence, "That's how it usually goes on the first day. Students forfeit one after another."

If you thought it would be by an enormous number of voluntary losses, do keep in mind that Day 1 is only where a fifth of the students withdraw every year.

But it wasn't just physical injuries the brought competitors to their demises, there are even students cursed with wild hallucinations. Such events were caused by Trippy Vines, which hallucinate before consuming their tangled victims until rescue arrives to snap them out of it. For the teachers with uncertainty, they had to rely on Orias's Lucky Happy for locating students in need, because he'd instantly get the desired results out of good luck. But it's a good thing he was appointed as the rescue team's director because the number of casualties dropped tremendously. He and Kalego are the ones being most relied on for the festival, but this made no excuse for teachers to let their guards down because there are some things that not even Orias's luck can cover to help with procedures and Kalego can't keep summoning almighty Cerberobuth to deal damage to the predators.

At another block, Konatsu, Haruno, Dosanko and Azuki were exhausted from running off. But they were determined not to forfeit in order form the four friends to be promoted to the same class by following year. Sort of, until they were chased by an giant frog beast and ran up to a bright orange light. They quickly found themselves standing before a castle built alike to those from Japan's Edo Period (1603–1867). With nowhere else to go, they sought refuge in the castle in hiding from the frog. Inside, it was dark and the firepits soon lit up in embers as a voice asked who entered the castle with their shoes on and woke them from slumber. The girls were petrified in intimidation from the shadow above the railings, which revealed to be the creator of the castle- Picero Agares of the Misfit Class. For a minute, supposedly, that put them out of misery and they were taken aback by his sharp endearing handsomeness.

What will come for the night of terror before all that trembles before the darkest covers in the whole Harvest Festival? Is Picero going to ask the girls to leave in seeking refuge elsewhere? Can the castle truly secure all in their need? Find out next time!